Guest viewing is limited

Progressive time - CAFFCAS/FHDRA

Oneofmany

Guys, can anyone give me examples of good progressive plans for spending time with my lad. I want to have some good positive/fair (taking everyone inc the ex into consideration) things to suggest on my Caffcas call and at FHDRA. I want something solid to present that I can stick to however it turns out and gives a good foundation for any potential interim contact

Currently not seen my lad (10) in months but we speak all the time. I hope that starting with a few hours at my parents, then days, then days out with just the two of us then time at my house, finally getting to overnights. If you can guide me on whats reasonable for each step and anything else I can plan in to make it agreeable to all involved. TIA

*sorry, used the word "Contact" in my Title

*sorry, used the word "Contact" in my Title
I just changed it :ROFLMAO:

Maybe something like:

Saturdays for the afternoon for four weeks, then
All day Saturday for four weeks, then
Saturday 10am to Sunday 6pm for 6 weeks, then
Midweek overnight weekly, to and from school, plus Saturday 10am to Sunday 6pm for 4 weeks, then
Midweek overnight weekly, to and from school, plus alternate Fridays from school until Sunday 6pm for 4 weeks, then

Shared care/lives with both parents, 5 nights a fortnight:
Midweek overnight weekly, to and from school plus alternate Fridays from school until Monday morning school drop off and half the school holidays with defined weeks.

Also propose school holiday dates for the next few months during the interim so you get those ordered.

I just changed it :ROFLMAO:

Maybe something like:

Midweek overnight weekly, to and from school, plus Saturday 10am to Sunday 6pm for 4 weeks, then
Midweek overnight weekly, to and from school, plus alternate Fridays from school until Sunday 6pm for 4 weeks, then

Midweek overnight weekly, to and from school plus alternate Fridays from school until Monday morning school drop off and half the school holidays with defined weeks.

Also propose school holiday dates for the next few months during the interim so you get those ordered.
Unfortunately the last midweek bit will have to be every other week due to work which I wont be able to change

I'm not sure you'd get shared lives with, with 4 nights a fortnight - although it's possible. Are you sure you can't manage a midweek overnight each week? It's acceptable to have a trusted relative (eg grandparents or a partner) collect them from school until you get back from work, and there are also after school clubs and breakfast clubs available for earlier or later pickups. But the main thing is there would be long gap if missing a midweek overnight one week.

I'm not sure you'd get shared lives with, with 4 nights a fortnight - although it's possible. Are you sure you can't manage a midweek overnight each week? It's acceptable to have a trusted relative (eg grandparents or a partner) collect them from school until you get back from work, and there are also after school clubs and breakfast clubs available for earlier or later pickups. But the main thing is there would be long gap if missing a midweek overnight one week.
Understood, It's a new job and going to involve being away quite a bit. That said have to wait and see what the expectations are and what's possible but suspect at least every other week will need to be away for a good part of it (mainly mid week).

Ah I see.

Ok so you could ask for

Midweek overnight alternate weeks, to and from school, a video call on the alternate midweek, plus Saturday 10am to Sunday 6pm for 6 weeks, then

Week 1: Friday from school to Wednesday morning return to school
Week 2: A video call midweek.

Or

Week 1: Monday from school to Wednesday morning school drop off then Friday from school to Monday morning school drop off.

And half the school holidays with defined weeks. Also propose school holiday dates for the next few months during the interim so you get those ordered.

These options give you two consecutive midweek overnights one week and none the following week.

The first option has the two consecutive midweek nights tacked onto the fortnightly week-end, to make 5 consecutive midweek nights fortnightly with a video call the week you're away.

The second option gives:

Two midweek nights with you, two with ex, then 3 night week-end with you, video call midweek the following week. This option probably allows for less of a long gap between seeing your child so probably the better option.

Option 1 is 5-9 over a fortnight.
Option 2 is 2-2-3-7 over a fortnight

Although you'd have the video call when they're with ex for 9 or 7 nights (as above), 9 nights is a long time to go without seeing your child, even if you then get 5 consecutive nights. Whereas 7 nights away with a video call isn't so bad.

The court will always want every other week-end with each parent as week-ends are seen as quality time. So then it comes down to how to split midweek nights.

Ah I see.

Ok so you could ask for

Midweek overnight alternate weeks, to and from school, a video call on the alternate midweek, plus Saturday 10am to Sunday 6pm for 6 weeks, then

Week 1: Friday from school to Wednesday morning return to school

Or

Week 1: Monday from school to Wednesday morning school drop off then Friday from school to Monday morning school drop off.

And half the school holidays with defined weeks. Also propose school holiday dates for the next few months during the interim so you get those ordered.

These options give you two consecutive midweek overnights one week and none the following week.

The first option has the two consecutive midweek nights tacked onto the fortnightly week-end, to make 5 consecutive midweek nights fortnightly with a video call the week you're away.

The second option gives:

Two midweek nights with you, two with ex, then 3 night week-end with you, video call midweek the following week. This option probably allows for less of a long gap between seeing your child so probably the better option.

Option 1 is 5-9 over a fortnight.
Option 2 is 2-2-3-7 over a fortnight

Although you'd have the video call when they're with ex for 9 or 7 nights (as above), 9 nights is a long time to go without seeing your child, even if you then get 5 consecutive nights. Whereas 7 nights away with a video call isn't so bad.
Awesome thanks @Ash

This doesn't mean you'll get this but you could ask for it and hope. A "standard" order would be every other week-end and one midweek overnight, 4 or 5 nights a fortnight. A minimum would usually be every other week-end and a midweek tea time or video call.

But if you don't ask, you don't get.

Back