Guest viewing is limited

POSITIVITY POSITIVITY POSITIVITY

winger

Experienced member
Bear Grylls said this once and it stuck with me, I say it to myself often, almost like a mantra. These things can change the way you think, and ultimately rewire the neural connections in your brain.

This shapes your perspective, beliefs, the cortisol / dopamine / seratonine your body releases, and so much more.
Being more aware of your thoughts, and working towards a more positive mindset changes your life in many many ways.

One person's perspective can be completely different from another person. How we're brought up, and how we live our lives, shapes who we are, but don't think for one second it's permanent - If you had a rubbish childhood, it doesn't have anything to do with you. You were a child who was helpless to the environment you were in, and unfortunately, sadly, like so many kids you didn't have a choice, your brain adapted to those conditions. But it doesn't make you who you are, you can rebuild your life, and most importantly you can rewire your brain - the brain can continue to develop and change throughout your life, thanks to neuroplasticity. This is why meditation works so well, but that's another topic!

I just want to put it out there that, how you think, the words you use, who you surround yourself with, what you watch on TV, read, listen to, etc etc all shape your perspective, in every moment of your day. I started years ago when I got into stoicism, which taught me a lot about understanding thoughts and beliefs and learning about self-growth, and mindset - A book I recommend is The Daily Stoic, as well as The Myth of Normal, they'll change your life. And also Andrew Huberman on YouTube is incredible, as well as Gabor Mate. When my daughter is old enough I'll be encouraging her to take an interest in these things. This stuff should be taught in schools, I truly believe it would change the world in so many ways.

It's a lifestyle you should adopt for the rest of your life, making you stronger physically and mentally, calmer, and more resilient. It's not an overnight quick fix, they don't exist. It all starts with you, with your thoughts and words. And it can take longer for some, depending on where you're at, but just knowing that you are in control of how you feel, situations don't control you.

All this really takes is awareness - starting to understand the simple truth that how you are thinking throughout your day, shapes how you experience every single thing you encounter and your life.

I hope this has made some sense! I'm no writer, it's just my thoughts, but check out the books and YouTube channels above.

Stay strong 🙏🏼

Absolutely. It's tough to do sometimes but you have to keep self belief and stay strong and believe things will work out - this affects your demeanour at court hearings and your way of dealing with people.

Thanks for doing this post @winger 🙏

In life, comfort can foster complacency when it comes to developing yourself and this makes it difficult to appreciate that NEUROPLASTICITY.

When you go though pivotal moments, such as fighting for your children, that's when being signposted to different approaches such as these becomes so vital to how well we respond to the external and internal pressures.

I like to remind myself that a sword is made through intense heat and pressure, so these challenges are just there to help guide us to who we need to be!

Whether it is spirituality or philosophy, they provide a mindset that promote resilience.

This is currently my favourite positive self talk to watch every morning, the audio is needed, don't watch it around the kids!

MJ

Last edited:
Back