Guest viewing is limited

Position statement

capa

Experienced member
My barrister has said that my position statement to be sent to my stbx bearing in mind that stbx has not sent or exchanged one piece of paperwork,documents or forms, and have had no confirmation she will turn up.can I withold that position statement from her even though the judge has had it to view.

Forgot to add its for first financial hearing.

Last edited:
I don't know how it works in financial cases. Is there an order that says position statements are to exchanged by a certain date? If so, you could send yours password protected and say you'll release the password as soon as you receive hers. If you don't get hers, or any other info, by the deadline, you could send it to the court and explain that position statements have not yet been exchanged as the other party hasn't responded.

If it's not in an order and just a position statement for the hearing, with Child cases, you can just give them a copy on the morning of the hearing.

In my financial proceedings there was a date by which sides should agree a date of exchange. Or, at least by which you should approach the other side to agree a date of exchange. It was an auto-generated first order to a totally standard format. I emailed the other side offering simultaneous exchange. They played their usual tricks, accusations, intimidation, insults... I just ignored them. The strongest play is often to not get drawn in.

So it turns out, as the stbx hasn't filed any form of paper work, the position statement was sent to the judge but a redacted version was sent to stbx, this along with a reason why is sufficient to met the needs of what the court expects

Reactions: Ash
Back