Guest viewing is limited

Petitions

Fellowshipper

I noticed a while back on gov.uk, upon looking for petitions to rectify the plight of fathers at the hands of government directed police and family courts, that about 3 or 4 of them which were created by adult men, were all listed as closed. You couldn't add your signature to any of them. I've been meaning since to ask anyone here who is possibly in the know about this: why have these petitions been closed?

All petitions were closed when the general election was closed. They said they wouldn't be reopened when there was a new Government and new petitions would need to be started.

I think it's been very difficult to get any traction. As most of these petitions only get a few thousand signatures.

I don't get the logic. How would a petition lose value simply because of a change in government?

Also, there must have been numerous petitions in the past which reached the required number of signatures to get a debate before parliament, so what has been the general outcome of these (if any)?

I think it's been very difficult to get any traction. As most of these petitions only get a few thousand signatures.
See I find that difficult to believe. It is such an easy thing for men to do and so many are in need of a change in the law and the practices of the system at large, it is virtually impossible for these petitions to be unpopular. If it's true what you're saying then something is really off.

Back