Guest viewing is limited

Need advice after leaving prison

Hi everyone ,
Just an Update , Had my first hearing yesterday and it went ok. Mother didn't attend. Judge went ahead anyway and said Cafcass are to do an updated report and have had a DNA test approved for one child. Solicitor said it went really well and in my favour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been catching up with your story; good on you for turning your life around, respect.
Sounds like Your first hearing was all positive and things are moving your way.
Regarding who your ex choses to shack up with, sadly, the legal system does not appear to give a shit. Decent fathers on the other hand, are put under the microscope and subjected to months, even years of grilling by a biased system.
Others with specific experience may want to comment, but I think unless there is a serious child safeguarding issue, you won't be informed of anything and you'll be kept out of the loop. Hang tough.

Agree. Your best bet, if there's to be a further Cafcass report, is to solely focus on being child focused, wanting to co parent with the ex - even if at a distance - and share the upbringing of the children with her. ie don't say anything critical of the ex or her situation.

Last edited:
Back