Guest viewing is limited

Nappies and wipes

Trying my best

Hi I'm new to the site. Probably been asked before, feel free to direct to other posts. My ex is saying she will stop providing me with nappies and wipes for our youngest when I see them day times around work schedule. I already pay CM through CMS but I believed my payments were supposed to cover these basics. She's asked a number of time for me to go to the shop and buy her toilet roll etc. I don't know where I stand.
TIA

I suppose it's one of those "what can you do about it?"

The child turns up without nappies, you have to but then.

I'd not worry about it too much. Let her have a perceived little victor. Too often these women can't see a long term picture and crave silly short term wins.

She will come calling for something major soon enough. She will hate that power shift.

Hello,

I would turn this around and use this as an opportunity to build history and experience of independent parenting, so should you ever have to demonstrate that you are a capable independent caring father, you have history of doing so.
Thanks she's disliking that I'm becoming a better dad to the kids that I should've been before we separated but life teaches us lessons

It's about becoming the bigger person in this and yes agree with what's been said, demonstrate independent parenting, show that you can do it which no doubt you can

I paid CM and bought my own nappies and wipes :-) It was just to keep things smooth. Mind you she did dictate which nappies I had to use. I just sucked it up and laughed about it.

I take your point that she should be providing things, but your child gets to experience you doing things independently of ex as Proud Dad says. Used to love taking my son round the supermarket to get nappies and wipes. He even knew which ones to get after a while and would run and get them.

Back