Guest viewing is limited

My boy

SJP

Today is my sons 7th birthday! It's the first birthday he hasn't woke up with me and I feel sick, I've had 1 overnight with him in over 2 month and I miss him so much, he called me this morning and all I could do was try and make him laugh which he did but once the call ended I couldn't stop crying for him. I will have him overnight tonight from 6, but it's just not the same, how on earth do you get through these occasions? It's going to be tough at Christmas too, I don't yet know if I'll see him or not, he already thinks he's done something wrong as he can't spend as much time with me as he wants to

@SJP , it will always be painful, but as time goes by you will learn to manage the pain better to the point that you will be able to go about your day.

Importantly your boy knows that you love him every day of the year.

You say it is not the same, but you can make a celebration for your boy to feel the same. If you create that difference now, he will adopt it as well.

Stay strong and enjoy the precious moments you have with your son tonight. Wish him a happy birthday from all of us : )

@SJP , it will always be painful, but as time goes by you will learn to manage the pain better to the point that you will be able to go about your day.

Importantly your boy knows that you love him every day of the year.

You say it is not the same, but you can make a celebration for your boy to feel the same. If you create that difference now, he will adopt it as well.

Stay strong and enjoy the precious moments you have with your son tonight. Wish him a happy birthday from all of us : )
Thank you, that's exactly what I intend to do with hime with all his family around him. I don't think I'll ever get used to this

You just need to hang in there mate. The first 12 months in particular are tough.

I would say try and arrange some things to do. Distractions are a good way of coping. Obviously you'll feel all kind of emotions including guilt even through there's nothing you can do about it.

Reactions: Ash
You just need to hang in there mate. The first 12 months in particular are tough.

I would say try and arrange some things to do. Distractions are a good way of coping. Obviously you'll feel all kind of emotions including guilt even through there's nothing you can do about it.
Thanks, I joined a gym this week which is helping, I've been through this before but it wasn't like this time, the ex is keeping my son from me and only allowing one night a week but has to be back by 12 on Saturday, hes upset at not having more time with me and its heart breaking. She just threatened to stop my contact this week if my daughter didn't go to see her, she has 3 hours a week meant to be supervised by her dad, he's on holiday this week and just thought she could change the supervisor to someone my daughter doesn't like, she said via my solicitor that if contact with my daughter didn't happen then she wouldn't allow contact with my son today, it's his birthday for God's sake

Last edited by a moderator:
So daughter lives with you and son her?
At the minute yes, daughter doesn't want to see her mother but son was witheld for 2 months she was keep saying son didn't want to see me just because daughter didn't want to see mother

Last edited by a moderator:
It is intensely difficult, I doubt there are many members who have not missed out on stuff like this. I'm sure many would give their right arm to spend part of a birthday with their kid(s).

Best thing for the kids is to let them cash in on the bonus of multiple celebrations. Mine is the same age, she is lapping up two Christmases and multiple birthday celebrations.

We have to bring enthusiasm and positivity to the situation regardless of how ****ed up things are. It is so important to make sure we enjoy what we have and make great times out of whatever scraps fall to us. That is what keeps things alive!

Back