Guest viewing is limited

Mother refusing to share details?

DadLad

Experienced member
Hi all,

I have asked through the ex's solicitor the details of our child's school so that I can have direct communication regarding our child's education etc.

The mother is refusing to share this information and until the order is made I currently don't have parental responsibilities.

The judge has ordered that there is no bar to contact.

Where do I stand with this? Surely in the eyes of the court this is coercive control?

So there's a draft order awaiting a sealed order?

No final order made as yet. But the current order states no bar to contact and reintroduction through ICFA.

We then have a final hearing with final orders (CAO and PRO)

Sad though isn't it, that Im trying to be involved but im still facing her control
Right to the end. My son's mother has told me via the boy that he cannot be returned a minute earlier or later than stipulated in the court order.

Control, dictatorship, desperation.

You have to let this one go, you don't have PR so little you can do I'm afraid until you have it.

Pushing this right now or making it overt will just pass of ex and make her get paranoid as to what your up to. Conceal your intentions.

As well as reintroduction work, the mother is supposed to send me some photos and an update each month by a specific date. This is part of the court order until the final orders are made.

Each month without fail I have to chase this up, if I didn't chase this up I wouldn't receive it at all. Sometimes it's over a week late once Ive chased it up.

This is causing me emotional distress as it's all I have until contact starts shortly.

Should I raise this with ICFA and the court? This is clearly emotional manipulation and coercive control.

I wouldn't start accusing her of that kind of thing. During the interim she is likely to be as difficult as possible - that's par for the course with interim time. Courts also sometimes use the interim time as a way of seeing how each parent behaves, before a final hearing. So this could work in your favour by the time of final hearing. Make a diary note of what she's not doing that she's supposed to do - but keep it brief and unemotional so you can use it for evidence later. Sending an email of the diary note to yourself is good as it date stamps it - so it's good evidence for later.

I wouldn't start accusing her of that kind of thing. During the interim she is likely to be as difficult as possible - that's par for the course with interim time. Courts also sometimes use the interim time as a way of seeing how each parent behaves, before a final hearing. So this could work in your favour by the time of final hearing. Make a diary note of what she's not doing that she's supposed to do - but keep it brief and unemotional so you can use it for evidence later. Sending an email of the diary note to yourself is good as it date stamps it - so it's good evidence for later.

I have followed everything that has been asked of me, I have complied with the court order, ICFA and co-parenting course etc

I am trying to move forward an be involved as much as I possibly can but she is still being extremely awkward and controlling.

I've started to keep a chronological diary of everything.

Back