Guest viewing is limited

Mother moving with child 120miles from Father

542rks

Hi, on behalf of someone .

I was a single mother .
I have split with partner 3 years ago and we have a 7 year old child who lives with me .
My ex has a new partner and child with her .
I have now a New partner and decided me and my son will move to London which is about 120 miles away from Current/Fathers town .
My question is , what are the rules if partner takes my boy for a weekend , in the sense that if he drives to pick him up he needs to return him .
I have an issue now on 3rd occasion that father has picked up my son and called me and said he’s not bringing him back and that I need to drive 2 hours each way and two hours back to pick him up.
How does this work?
I don’t want to say no to him seeing his dad but he puts me in a situation where I cannot afford to keep on going to pickup my son.
Thank you for your advice

don’t want to say no to him seeing his dad but he puts me in a situation where I cannot afford to keep on going to pickup my son.
How much discussion / negotiation / agreement was there before YOU decide to move your son so far away?

Because, actually, based on what I've read you have put your son and the dad in that situation. It may be there is far more to the story and you haven't given us the full picture but I'd you've made that choice to put the distance between a son and a father you've already done your bit to make thr relationship difficult, if you were genujne about supporting a relationshio then you would be doing your bit to support it.

Personally, I find it telling you have provided details about this man's new relationship when really you should be focussing on yours son's relationship with him.

How much discussion / negotiation / agreement was there before YOU decide to move your son so far away?

Because, actually, based on what I've read you have put your son and the dad in that situation. It may be there is far more to the story and you haven't given us the full picture but I'd you've made that choice to put the distance between a son and a father you've already done your bit to make thr relationship difficult, if you were genujne about supporting a relationshio then you would be doing your bit to support it.

Personally, I find it telling you have provided details about this man's new relationship when really you should be focussing on yours son's relationship with him.
So a bit more information for you guys :
I have had a council house where I lived with father years ago , me and him made a deal , he agreed for me to move without issues and agreed to come take and return my son whenever he wants , obviously not for free , I’ve gave up my council house and gave it to him .
Now he takes my son saying he will bring him after few days he calls me saying „come take him if you want „ .
So there was a agreement prior to move , he basically agreed because he’s now got a council house .

Hi

Have you tried mediation? Seems like there needs to be a compromise as it's 8 hours of driving each weekend for one parent otherwise?

This sounds like a very challenging situation for a 7 year old.
It is very challenging , what’s weirdest is that he took my son for a week prior to school starting stating he will be staying with him , when my son came back , stated that he was at his grandmothers house and uncles house only . It’s sad and looks like he is only taking him to show he’s a good father but in reality it’s just to show others he’s taking him and not staying at his .

Back