Guest viewing is limited

Medical Records and Child’s Health

Kev19

With zero communication from my ex and not knowing her current address how do I go about finding out about my daughter’s medical records etc. I wish to know if she is healthy, had all her injections and to be informed if anything untoward her wellbeing has occurred. I know roughly where she lives so I can narrow it down to 2 or 3 surgeries. I think I recall someone asking a similar question and a template was provided however I can’t locate the thread. As I have PR am I correct in thinking any medical information should be shared with me?
And advice is appreciated.

Hi @Kev19 , the template you're looking for is in the second page of the Legal Resoures section, direct link below:

Hi @Kev19 , the template you're looking for is in the second page of the Legal Resoures section, direct link below:

I noticed in this that it says doctor not required to disclose full medical records for the child, this is not true.

Also to have access to medical records you can access them via the NHS app, is this resource still correct and up to date?

Also to have access to medical records you can access them via the NHS app, is this resource still correct and up to date?

Up until the age of 11 birth parents can access their child's full records via the NHS app or the GP assigned provider.

I've never used the NHS one but I do use the children's GP'S chosen one.

Back