Guest viewing is limited

Married with house I have had for 22yr she has been on Morgage for 11 yr what’s my rights a

Mia247

Married with house I have had for 22yr she has been on Morgage for 11 yr what’s my rights and she is living in it with me 13 and 2 yr old daughters and my stuff that’s in the property thanks

I take it you’ve moved out and are separated? Are you getting to see the kids? Presumably it will go to divorce and assets will be divided - I am no expert on divorce financials but others may be able to help. However we usually say - don’t move out without a child arrangements order or you coukd have difficulty getting to see the kids (especially once divorce financials start as she could use them as leverage to get financial agreement) and they need the stability of seeing both parents after separation or they’ll be anxious.

She made accusations what have been proven untrue at court so I previously had to move out we are married

Ok - so was this a Non Molestation Order hearing, occupation order or some other kind of hearing?

I think a lot of how assets will be divvied up, will depend on the final child arrangements. That's why it's always better to sort out child arrangements before the financials. Assuming your stbx has no assets of her own, she will probably get at least half of home. Almost certainly more if she gets residency of children. Who paid the mortgage/bills/deposit on house is unlikely to be taken into account. The interests of the children is the priority when courts divide up assets.

I think a lot of how assets will be divvied up, will depend on the final child arrangements. That's why it's always better to sort out child arrangements before the financials. Assuming your stbx has no assets of her own, she will probably get at least half of home. Almost certainly more if she gets residency of children. Who paid the mortgage/bills/deposit on house is unlikely to be taken into account. The interests of the children is the priority when courts divide up assets.
I’ve had the Morgage 23 year she has only been on Morgage 11 year

That makes no difference if you're married I think - it will be seen that you joint own the house. But others may know better than me.

Back