Guest viewing is limited

Legal Aid for DA

samjo

Hi all.
My Mackenzie friend has told me that I would be able to claim LA on the basis my wife is on bail for an offence that is covered under the DA rules.

Thing is i cannot find a solicitor that will do Legal Aid for DA any more? They all talk the talk but won't do anything about it! The last solicitor pretty much just said you can't have DA against you as a man! I was livid and very downhearted.

Also I'm in the process of claiming UC but the council messed it up and put my three monthly wage in as monthly so waiting on them to fix their mistake but means I don't have a statement yet although I shouldn't need it with DA involved. Has anyone used any firms with success?

Hi all.
My Mackenzie friend has told me that I would be able to claim LA on the basis my wife is on bail for an offence that is covered under the DA rules.

Thing is i cannot find a solicitor that will do Legal Aid for DA any more? They all talk the talk but won't do anything about it! The last solicitor pretty much just said you can't have DA against you as a man! I was livid and very downhearted.

Also I'm in the process of claiming UC but the council messed it up and put my three monthly wage in as monthly so waiting on them to fix their mistake but means I don't have a statement yet although I shouldn't need it with DA involved. Has anyone used any firms with success?
mums net,, sign up as a woman, and watch the offers of help flood in .....

I have tried to do this and coming up empty. Didn't know if anyone had one they could recommend?

mensadviceline.org.uk
theelmfoundation.org.uk
mankind.org.uk

You could try a domestic abuse helpline and see if they have any legal services/advice.
They might have a directory of some sort to help you find somebody 👍

Back