Guest viewing is limited

Issue with online C100 - not fit for purpose

Ash

Administrator
Staff member
Admin and Moderator
Thanks to K070 it has come to my attention that there is a big issue with the C100 online application and IMO it's not fit for purpose and better to use the paper application form. The online form (not actually a form - but a serious of single questions followed by "next" to click to next question) starts with "Where does the child live?" and asks for a post code. So right from the start they are delegating residency to one parent and leading Dads into putting the Mother's postcode (if child is with her most of the time) - which, as I know from bitter experience, means your application gives the Mother residency - which she didn't have before!

When there are no court orders, neither has "residency" - both are equal with equal PR. The online application doesn't allow you to put TWO postcodes or to state that the child lives with both parents. The paper application does (although it probably only intends you to tick one parent but gives the option of both).

So however convenient, I would not use the online C100 .Gov application - which is just like all the other .Gov "minimised" applications - eg for a passport. Not enough scope. Use the printed one while you still can. Unless you are happy for child to live with Mother and have a "spends time with" order.

Just started a guide/article on how to complete C100 (as suggested by Invisible Intellectual) on the Home page.

Note - it’s in legal resources section now - not the home page.

Back