Guest viewing is limited

ICFA - Court Appointed

Cafcass instruct the ICFA to be completed. It's carried out by what's still widely known as a contact centre. Cafcass set the parameters - duration and involvement levels of the contact centre.

It's unlikely that Cafcass have requested the mother's directions.

This is why I suggested that you contact the Cafcass representative because they are running the show and they are being told how the process is unfolding.

The point of the ICFA is to build/rebuild your relationship so cutting it short is pointless. At the end of the process Cafcass will submit an addendum to the S7.

For mine, thankfully I won't be in a contact centre, it will be in the community with said ICFA facilitator observing.

But this has all been incredibly rushed, they will spend 1hr with our child then immediately after that there are 2 sessions.

There has been no reintroduction or preparation work at all.

The mother will then pull the plug again then this ICFA has been a complete waste of time.

Yes sounds like you need to contact Cafcass and ask them to ensure reintroduction continues.

The order does leave it a bit vague then if it just says ICFA then they report back - do you have another hearing coming up? To me that should mean the ICFA do a kind of report like Cafcass with recommendations to the court as to moving to regular unsupervised time etc. If the ICFA is just saying "it's up to the Mother" without even having the two sessions then they are biased and sounds like that's what their recommendation will be!

The order does leave it a bit vague then if it just says ICFA then they report back - do you have another hearing coming up?

Yeah final hearing is in a few months. There will be the ICFA report as part of the Cafcass addendum report.

I have just been informed that my ex is left responsible to create a story board with pictures of me etc

This is if she has actually done it, I am worried that the first visit will be traumatic for our child because my ex has not done her part with building some visual familiarity.

She will try everything to make the ICFA fail. Absolutely everything.

That's ridiculous. Wouldn't it be better for you to do the board so you can put up pictures of yourself and maybe extended family?
Ffs, the courts etc really don't get it.

That's ridiculous. Wouldn't it be better for you to do the board so you can put up pictures of yourself and maybe extended family?
Ffs, the courts etc really don't get it.

I've got this concern in writing to ICFA. So if the first visit is traumatic and my child clearly has no familiarity of me. I can argue that the mother purposefully did not comply with her part in an attempt to make ICFA fail.

Back