Guest viewing is limited

ICFA AWOL

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
HI, On the 19th August, the court order was parenting course and to start ICFA followed by another Cafcass progress report for final hearing in October. I've received the referral for the parenting course and completed it, but heard nothing from ICFA regarding see my child yet. Is there usually a delay?>

HI, On the 19th August, the court order was parenting course and to start ICFA followed by another Cafcass progress report for final hearing in October. I've received the referral for the parenting course and completed it, but heard nothing from ICFA regarding see my child yet. Is there usually a delay?>
I followed a link on the cafcass ICFA explanatory leaflet for the provider in my area. I mailed them and introduced myself asking when we could start.

They contacted the CAFCASS officer and I was told it's in the process. Although I haven't got my appointment yet I was on it quickly and it showed my desire to get going. No harm done.

It may feel like nothing's happening but it will be arranged and you'll more than likely get a phone call out of the blue at any moment asking to arrange a interview such as another phone call where you can prepare and have ready any questions you may want to ask .
Good luck with it .

an update. The Cafcass officer has called me. There has been a change of officer as the original one has moved on. The new one, is dismayed that ICFA hasn't started and has promised it is the very top of her priority list to get it sorted and then text me with details. Sounds reasonable.

Reactions: Ash
an update. The Cafcass officer has called me. There has been a change of officer as the original one has moved on. The new one, is dismayed that ICFA hasn't started and has promised it is the very top of her priority list to get it sorted and then text me with details. Sounds reasonable.
Hi @NewcastleBrownAle

Just a quick question on ICFA. Just want to ask if its possible for the family courts to recommend cafcass to arrange ICFA for the parents independently without the need of a lengthy Section 7. Or was yours part of a section 7?

Got an Enforcement hearing for an interm order in a few days time with ex saying reason for her breaches is bcos child doesnt want to see me. I'm considering whether i should suggest that the judge directs cafcass to offer us an ICFA but i dont want that to trigger a compulsory section 7 which will delay things. Can u please advise?

Two weeks down the line. Has there been any movement?

Back