Guest viewing is limited

how can they get it so wrong?

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
So, last court hearing, Cafcass was supposed to sort ICFA to start contact then afterwards Cafcass were supposed to write another report based upon the ICFA. So I get an email from Cafcass today, stating they have changed the case officer who will meet me to write a report in the next few weeks... but no ICFA.

I can only think of 3 scenarios here.
1. Ex didn't like the last case officer - so have requested a change - who has not understood what should be happening.
2. Ex has declined ICFA and hence this has triggered an earlier court date to send the case to district.
3. Cafcass have messed up and not sorted ICFA.

I called today, was told to expect a call back, which didn't happen.

Thoughts ?

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what's going on. Sounds like a mess up because they've changed Cafcass officer maybe? Can you contact them and ask if ICFA is still going ahead?

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what's going on. Sounds like a mess up because they've changed Cafcass officer maybe? Can you contact them and ask if ICFA is still going ahead?

I've tried calling and then put on hold, then told not available , will call back, but they haven't. I'll try again tomorrow. I haven't seen my son for 8 months now and these delays are all down to mess ups from Cafcass.

So, last court hearing, Cafcass was supposed to sort ICFA to start contact then afterwards Cafcass were supposed to write another report based upon the ICFA. So I get an email from Cafcass today, stating they have changed the case officer who will meet me to write a report in the next few weeks... but no ICFA.

I can only think of 3 scenarios here.
1. Ex didn't like the last case officer - so have requested a change - who has not understood what should be happening.
2. Ex has declined ICFA and hence this has triggered an earlier court date to send the case to district.
3. Cafcass have messed up and not sorted ICFA.

I called today, was told to expect a call back, which didn't happen.

Thoughts ?
I saw my ICFA as being about me and the little one. I don't see an ex having the power to decline unless they're involved and this is about you, the child and a support worker. It just takes a little time to get going I think although we're chomping at the bit. My section 7 recommended the same and the report landed three weeks ago I'm just waiting.

Reactions: Ash
I saw my ICFA as being about me and the little one. I don't see an ex having the power to decline unless they're involved and this is about you, the child and a support worker. It just takes a little time to get going I think although we're chomping at the bit. My section 7 recommended the same and the report landed three weeks ago I'm just waiting.

I agree, but my ex is hellbent on stopping me having a relationship with my child, so she will not engage with ICFA and do anything to cause delays and create obstacles.

I agree, but my ex is hellbent on stopping me having a relationship with my child, so she will not engage with ICFA and do anything to cause delays and create obstacles.
Yes but my understanding is that the ICFA is about working on the relationship between me and the little one. The mother/resident parent/main carer has no involvement in the process other than getting the child where they need to be.

If she doesn't comply with CAFCASS instruction to get the child where they need to be it'll show her true intentions.

Everything takes so long. My Cafcass officer told me I just need a final order, six months before I got one

I've written an update in another thread, but the new Cafcass officer says it is her number one priority to get hold of ICFA and get it started as an urgent task.

Reactions: Ash
Improving child and family arrangements

@bujanin .Just a quick question on ICFA. Just want to ask if its possible for the family courts to recommend ICFA without the need of a lengthy Section 7. Or does it always come with a section 7?

I ask cos i've got an Enforcement hearing for an interm order in a few days time with ex saying reason for her breaches is bcos child doesnt want to see me. I'm considering whether i should suggest that the judge directs cafcass to offer us an ICFA but i dont want that to trigger a compulsory section 7 which will delay things. Can u please advise?

@bujanin .Just a quick question on ICFA. Just want to ask if its possible for the family courts to recommend ICFA without the need of a lengthy Section 7. Or does it always come with a section 7?

I ask cos i've got an Enforcement hearing for an interm order in a few days time with ex saying reason for her breaches is bcos child doesnt want to see me. I'm considering whether i should suggest that the judge directs cafcass to offer us an ICFA but i dont want that to trigger a compulsory section 7 which will delay things. Can u please advise?

Both are usually coincided. They need a report (usually an addendum) along with the notes from the ICFA.

This will work in your favour: coaching your child and sabotaging visits etc will be written in the ICFA notes. They are trained to pick up on behaviour and influences.

Both are usually coincided. They need a report (usually an addendum) along with the notes from the ICFA.

This will work in your favour: coaching your child and sabotaging visits etc will be written in the ICFA notes. They are trained to pick up on behaviour and influences.
Cheers mate. But does this mean that i cannot have an ICFA without a full Section 7? Just concerned about the potential delays of a section 7 and would prefer to avoid it if i can but i like the idea of an ICFA. So maybe my question is can i have one without the other?

Cheers mate. But does this mean that i cannot have an ICFA without a full Section 7? Just concerned about the potential delays of a section 7 and would prefer to avoid it if i can but i like the idea of an ICFA. So maybe my question is can i have one without the other?

You can always ask but usually a report has to assist the ICFA. Maybe not a full S7 report but a Cafcass report.

They give 12 weeks for a ICFA atm. A full S7 is 16 weeks (depending on location)

Back