Guest viewing is limited

has anyone represented themselves at the Final Hearing?

DIDDY

Hello
I will sometime this year have to attend in person a court and question the Cafcass advisor who wrote the S7 about me.

If anyone has done this, and can offer me any insights, please let me know - either DM or on here is fine.

Thank you.

Hello
I will sometime this year have to attend in person a court and question the Cafcass advisor who wrote the S7 about me.

If anyone has done this, and can offer me any insights, please let me know - either DM or on here is fine.

Thank you.

Have you gone from a FHDRA to a final hearing?

I think you would need to be very well prepared and be a confident speaker. Well prepared in have a set of questions laid out to ask the Cafcass officer, that puts them on the spot. And also to have the right demeanour and not come across as aggressive.

I think you would need to be very well prepared and be a confident speaker. Well prepared in have a set of questions laid out to ask the Cafcass officer, that puts them on the spot. And also to have the right demeanour and not come across as aggressive.
Yes thankyou....important not to come across as "coercive" as that would rather undermine my case!
I will have plenty of time to get this right - I presume it will be months between the DRA and Final Hearing (I was hoping it might be quicker as Cafcass is not involved for this)?

Yes it can be 3 months or more. It might be quicker. Some of it depends on the region. Usually you'll get an order through with the date of the hearing, and also a date by which final/witness statements need to be exchanged. The statement is really important - your chance to attach evidence.

Back