Guest viewing is limited

Had to file a new C100 for specific/prohibited steps, should I be represented at the hearing?

lunico93x

Hi folks. I've got an existing child arrangements proceedings going on in one court, FHDRA in a few months. However because of the mother's refusal to;

1. Set a fixed time per week when I can speak to my child for just THIRTY MINUTES (!!)
2. Constant cancellation and moving of the calls when they are arranged
3. Refusal to tell me which nursery and GP she's registered my child at ("for obvious reasons", that there are none of),

I've had to file a C100 for prohibited/specific steps, flagged urgent and asking for a hearing ASAP. The logic being if she feels she can unilaterally make decisions that undercut my PR, she will do it again, and I need to put a stop to it. The background is a six month programme of attempting to cut the relationship between my child and me off, after our own relationship ended. I have absolutely no doubt she's trying to alienate my child from me, and I need to make sure it's on the record that I've formally protested as much.

Question is, do I need representation for this hearing that will come up just for these matters? I'm generally okay self-representing but also understand the importance and value of a barrister. If I don't need it though, I'd rather avoid the expense.

A few months is quite some time away. I think specific issues for the GP and nursery details is worth doing. What is the prohibited steps for? Assume there isn't an order in place already? If not then she probably will mess about a lot until you have an interim order.

It's a difficult one to know whether you'd need a barrister or not. You could probably do it yourself. Personally I would use one to get the best possible outcome and the order written up well. Especially if ex has legal aid and a solicitor.

A few months is quite some time away. I think specific issues for the GP and nursery details is worth doing. What is the prohibited steps for? Assume there isn't an order in place already? If not then she probably will mess about a lot until you have an interim order.

It's a difficult one to know whether you'd need a barrister or not. You could probably do it yourself. Personally I would use one to get the best possible outcome and the order written up well. Especially if ex has legal aid and a solicitor.
Thanks Ash. PS to prevent moving out of the area, removal from the UK, and a general one which is undermining my own PR. Feel like I had to ask for everything, even obvious things, because she's undermining the obvious things already.

Ok so is there a risk she might move? Presumably it's an urgent application then - 48 hours - if the PSO is to prevent removal of child from location. And specific issues for GP and nursery details.

Ok so is there a risk she might move? Presumably it's an urgent application then - 48 hours - if the PSO is to prevent removal of child from location. And specific issues for GP and nursery details.
She abducted the child once, when we lived in another country. It's probably unlikely but I know some of her relatives are moving to a third country so I want it in writing, so she doesn't have a moment of "well I didn't know I wasn't allowed" etc.

Got to draw the line, that's why I put it in and as urgent. I still haven't had CAFCASS for the FHDRA yet and I want there to be a record for them to see that a) she's messing around and b) I've been diligent in trying to retain the relationship and my responsibilities.

Reactions: Ash
Back