Guest viewing is limited

Following hearing, how long to receive the actual Court Order?

DIDDY

Hello All

Following Final Hearing this week I am waiting for the Order to be emailed to me. I asked the judge that day how long it would take, which he described was " a very good question".
His response was that it would be "emailed in a few days".

Yet when I check back to see how long it took for the Order to arrive from the DRA it was nearly a month after the hearing.

Do Final Hearing Orders arrive sooner than those from earlier hearings?
Was the judge just being optimistic?
Will I have to wait another month to get this in writing?

Thanks.

Typically with all my other hearings (not a final hearing) a date and time for it do be filed to the court is agreed upon so everyone is aware.

Typically with all my other hearings (not a final hearing) a date and time for it do be filed to the court is agreed upon so everyone is aware.
ok thats good to know, so that the judge said a few days, I have hope that it might be (probably wont be though given the creaking nature of this legal system)

Chaps - I just got my Court Order today in the post. Two days after the hearing. It might be luck, or it might possibly be that at the end of the hearing I asked the judge how long it would take to receive. He replied " a few days via email, but it depends on Royal Mail for the paper copy".
So perhaps by raising that in court it sped it up, since he had to commit to a time frame? No idea, but I have it and it makes the sweetest reading.

I am tempted, very tempted indeed, to write to the Cafcass office and remind her how the order totally ignores all of her "professional" recommendations...

Chaps - I just got my Court Order today in the post. Two days after the hearing. It might be luck, or it might possibly be that at the end of the hearing I asked the judge how long it would take to receive. He replied " a few days via email, but it depends on Royal Mail for the paper copy".
So perhaps by raising that in court it sped it up, since he had to commit to a time frame? No idea, but I have it and it makes the sweetest reading.

I am tempted, very tempted indeed, to write to the Cafcass office and remind her how the order totally ignores all of her "professional" recommendations...
Roughly what did she recommend that the court went against? Did your side cross examine her at the final hearing?

Back