Guest viewing is limited

Final hearing pending and up against it

lightinthetunnel

I have a final hearing infront of magistrates. A really awkward abrupt legal advisor at the DRA did not accept my proposal to list the case Infront of a judge due to cultural, race and religion not taken into account in the section 7 report nor was either parent seen with their child (except my contact centre reports) and alienating behaviours of RP (mother). Section 7 state no safeguarding except hostility between 2 parents even though I am saying I have 0 hostility. Recommendation is for spends time with me and lives with mother.

Child is 5 - wishes are to be with me.

Mother is capping my involvement to try and extort me financially via the CMS. All of her statements claim to do what's best for child's interest but it's all lies. We are both LIP.

Can I turn this around or am I doomed? I have the opportunity to cross examine cafcass officer. Can a cafcass officer change their mind? I can't believe the angry/hostile and abusive RPs get default lives with order and the more abuse they give the less time we have due to 'hostilty between parents' even if you don't react.

Welcome to the forum. Your story sounds par for the course. Were you planning on being represented at the final hearing? If you can afford a direct access barrister, they could maybe undermine the Cafcass report with cross examination and fight your corner.

Welcome to the forum. Your story sounds par for the course. Were you planning on being represented at the final hearing? If you can afford a direct access barrister, they could maybe undermine the Cafcass report with cross examination and fight your corner.
All direct barristers in my area are booked for the date. I've contacted UK links that have barristers all over the UK and willing to pay for one to travel. Can courts change the hearing date so I can acquire a barrister? Am I'm more doomed because I'll be Infront of magistrates rather than a judge? I wonder if cafcass will change their mind.

RP is refusing holidays abroad. Does filing for 4 specific orders a year wasting court time stregthen my case for a lives with order? Thanks sorry I have so many questions

RP is refusing holidays abroad. Does filing for 4 specific orders a year wasting court time stregthen my case for a lives with order?
It could do, if it's presented correctly/well.

There will be someone available. I think if it's Magistrates you will need someone representing you or they will likely just order what Cafcass have recommended. So did Cafcass take child's wishes? At 5 they wouldn't be a deciding factor but it is relevant. It's good there are no safeguarding issues (according to Cafcass).

Have you submitted witness statements and evidence yet? It's best to look at Barristers Chambers in a large city in your region or near your region - they have more barristers and they are likely to have more experience. If you google Chambers in that city then look at the sites and read bios of the family barristers, you'll get a feel for what cases they have done successfully before.

Back