Guest viewing is limited

FHDRA

capa

Experienced member
I have my FHDRA next week and I'm preparing for the scenario that my stbx will not turn up, if that's the case , what normally would happen,would it be rescheduled?

I have my FHDRA next week and I'm preparing for the scenario that my stbx will not turn up, if that's the case , what normally would happen,would it be rescheduled?

Either adjourned or the judge can still go ahead if you can present a strong enough case why it should.

Reactions: Ash
If ex doesn't turn up then the judge won't order any interim, other than a contact centre.

It would likely be adjourned and ex ordered to attend next hearing.

If it's a legal adviser at fhdra then they won't make any order for contact, it will definitely be adjourned.

Has ex engaged in the cafcass safeguarding call?

If the ex doesn't turn up then she's in contempt of court - unless the court has been given good reason and in plenty of time - if it's just a couple of hours before the hearing they wouldn't accept that as reasonable - unless she was hospitalised or something. Sometimes cases have just gone ahead anyway as DadLad says. But the Judge will probably limit what they can order and they will probably issue another hearing as well - but you might get something ordered. However they will probably issue a very strong order with a warning to the Mother if she doesn't attend the next hearing.

What makes you think she won't turn up? If she makes allegations then she might have legally aided lawyers.

What makes you think she won't turn up? If she makes allegations then she might have legally aided lawyers.
Because she never turned up for any of the financial proceedings,so I'm basing the scenario on previous history and as of yet there's no indication there's a lawyer on her side,unless a barrister turns up on the day

To add she is already in contempt of court for the financials so not turning up is not going to phase her one bit by the looks of it

Reactions: Ash
Back