Guest viewing is limited

Editing, Converting, Merging and Emailing .PDF Files for Digital Bundles

Kyle

Experienced member
One of the best finds during my exhausting efforts to produce and submit a paginated Digital Court Bundle, ordered by the Family Court, for my Final Hearing in 2023, was the website www.ilovepdf.com

Every .pdf tool you will ever need. Edit, convert, merge, split, compress and watermark. 100% free. Saving paying for anything by Adobe!

So I created all of my documents in Word (except the existing .pdf's of court forms) and when I was happy with the content, converted to .pdf.

A good tip is to make sure you create a seperate folder for all of the individual Word and converted .pdf documents. So if something goes horribly wrong, they're there to help you start again.

One of the potential obstacles to emailing what for me ended up being a total of 61 individual .pdf documents to my Family Court, is the email attachment size limit.

Keep in mind that email attachments are generally MIME encoded, which increases their size by about 33%. So, 10MB of files on your devices disk will become about 13MB when attached to an email.

• The maximum attachment size limit for Proton Mail is 25MB.
  • The maximum attachment size limit for AoL Mail is 25MB.
  • The maximum attachment size limit for Yahoo Mail is 25MB.
  • The maximum attachment size for Gmail is 25MB.
  • The maximum attachment size for Outlook is 20MB.
  • The maximum attachment size for iCloud is 20MB.
  • The maximum attachment size for Zoho Mail is 20MB.

Merging those 61 individual .pdf's into a single .pdf file reduces the overall file size. Compressing a .pdf into a zip file reduces file size even further.

Merged, my 61 individual .pdf's is on my desktop PC at 3,010KB.

Of course, you can pay for larger email capacity if you choose. You can also upload the file to a cloud storage service first, then forward a link to that file via your email instead of attaching the file directly (I would check with your local Family Court to ask if they were happy with this first).

Any other issues, tips or workarounds, comment below.

Hi @Kyle @Ash

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know how to present WhatsApp messages as evidence?
I tried on the website you suggest if there is a way to convert them into PDF but there was no option to do so.

Screenshots are not great for a long conversation providing context hence looking for another user friendly way to present WhatsApp messages.

It's probably best to add screenshots to a word document, set out so they are easy to read. Then you can convert the word doc into a pdf

Do you know how to present WhatsApp messages as evidence?
I tried on the website you suggest if there is a way to convert them into PDF but there was no option to do so.

Screenshots are not great for a long conversation providing context hence looking for another user friendly way to present WhatsApp messages.

You will most likely have to attach any text message or WhatsApp message screenshots from your phone as an image to a Word document. Then convert the Word document to .pdf using www.ilovepdf.com

It helps to have a PC or laptop for this. My process was a bit arse-about-face, but I emailed the screenshots of texts saved in my iPhones photo album to myself, then logged into my PC, then downloaded the screenshots I had emailed myself onto my PC's Court Process designated folders. I opened a new blank Word document, then clicking the Insert tab > Pictures > Insert Picture from This Device, and select the screenshot of the text message from the folder I had saved it in, and add it to the Word document.

It may lose some resolution but not to the extent that its not legible. You can play around with the dimensions to see what looks best.

Paginate that Word document in its heading according to its positon in your bundle and its Index, F2 - Text Messages Between Parties in my case. Convert that Word document to .pdf and save it in a new folder for the .pdf versions. Give each Word and converted .pdf document its own designated folder on your PC or Laptop, and individual file naming convention, to help you manage them, for example, folder name; Court Bundle Word, Court Bundle PDF, each Word and .pdf file name using date, title and page number format so they're easier to control and navigate.

File Name:

20240227-court-bundle-front-page-01
20240227-court-bundle-index-page-02
20240227-court-bundle-section-a-preliminary-documents-page-03

Last edited:
20240227-court-bundle-front-page-01
20240227-court-bundle-index-page-02
20240227-court-bundle-section-a-preliminary-documents-page-03
20240227-court-bundle-case-summary-page-04
20240227-court-bundle-chronology-page-5
20240227-court-bundle-section-b-application-forms-and-court-orders-page-6

Back