Guest viewing is limited

Draft Order

coggers1980

Anyone know how long you have to send a draft order back to court to become an order?

I was LiP in court on the 15th, and judge told ex's barrister to draft the order and send to me and daughters Guardian.

We are both yet to receive anything despite emails to barrister.

Anyone know how long you have to send a draft order back to court to become an order?

I was LiP in court on the 15th, and judge told ex's barrister to draft the order and send to me and daughters Guardian.

be really careful here, I've heard about barristers who write an order that doesnt reflect what was agreed and then send it to be sealed, I'd email the courts and let them know your concerns and make sure you get to approve before submission to the court.

Rightfully, they SHOULD send you the draft order for approval first before sending to the court. This is actually part of the family court practices and the judge made a point of this at one of my hearings.

I have made sure of making a point of this at each of my hearings. I have heard of solicitors and barristers very slyly sending the draft order straight to the court and also the order to be worded completely differently that does not reflect the hearing. - portraying a false narrative.

I would email the solicitor/ barrister asking when can you expect to receive the draft order for your approval before they send it to the court.

Finally got draft order sent to me. Contained the following gem,

4. Father told the Court that he has no objection whatsoever to the child going abroad out of the jurisdiction on holiday with mother in May 2025

Despite me saying in court that I didn't object, so long as the headteacher authorised the 3 days of missed school. Barrister must have not been listening to that part....

Cheers for the advice.

Finally got draft order sent to me. Contained the following gem,

4. Father told the Court that he has no objection whatsoever to the child going abroad out of the jurisdiction on holiday with mother in May 2025

Despite me saying in court that I didn't object, so long as the headteacher authorised the 3 days of missed school. Barrister must have not been listening to that part....

Cheers for the advice.

Raise this as factually incorrect and portraying a false narrative. Do not agree to the draft order until they have amended it accordingly.

Thanks. My daughter has had her own Guardian / Solicitor appointed, so I've raised with them via email.

Barrister didn't even send me the draft order directly, I had to get it from daughter's solicitor. Guy is a shithouse.

Thanks. My daughter has had her own Guardian / Solicitor appointed, so I've raised with them via email.

Barrister didn't even send me the draft order directly, I had to get it from daughter's solicitor. Guy is a shithouse.

Yeah unfortunately the majority are extremely hard to deal with and they will try everything to try and undermine you.

Back