Guest viewing is limited

Divorce

Zackli

Hi All,

Thank you for accepting me.

This group been helpful while reading please I read somewhere that a username Ash was advising a dad it’s good to wait for CAO before finalising any clean break

My ex want clean break now but I have been advised financial order is better with a clean break clause on it.

Should I wait until my CAO is finalised before agreeing to her clean break

Or should I go ahead to signed get clean break order

Am already in court proceedings for a CAO

Please help me

How far along the CAO arrangements are you? Waiting for a final hearing?

How far along the CAO arrangements are you? Waiting for a final hearing?
Thank you for replying It really mean a lot to me thou I have gone for my third hearing CAO then section 7 has been ordered so waiting for section 7 phone call where they can have a full in-depth picture about everything. We don’t have property but I think some pension is there thou she claim benefits

@Zackli welcome to the forum, there is a lot of experience and advice available across the forum and from members, hopefully this will benefit you in your situation

Thank you for replying It really mean a lot to me thou I have gone for my third hearing CAO then section 7 has been ordered so waiting for section 7 phone call where they can have a full in-depth picture about everything. We don’t have property but I think some pension is there thou she claim benefits
How long ago was the last hearing? Do you know how far it is to the next one is?

If he's waiting for the section 7 then there might be a DRA after it and then a final hearing. Could be a few months.

Where are you at with the divorce financials Zackli? Are you doing it by mediation, or lawyers, or on your own and does your ex have a lawyer (for the financials?)

How long ago was the last hearing? Do you know how far it is to the next one is?
Good Morning
Please thanks for your reply it show am not alone in this or doing this alone
The last hearing was this month
The next one is in few month immediately after the section 7 report

If he's waiting for the section 7 then there might be a DRA after it and then a final hearing. Could be a few months.

Where are you at with the divorce financials Zackli? Are you doing it by mediation, or lawyers, or on your own and does your ex have a lawyer (for the financials?)
we have not yet started anything yet on the finance and she is asking for a clean break but ex want to start it now
I think if I have to do anything it has to by MIAM

Ok if you haven’t started anything on the finance yet you have some time. A clean break is a good thing (it’s a capital clean break). It means she can’t come back to ask for more in the future - eg if you win the lottery or inherited money or something. But it needs to be worked out how and how much. Presumably there is a house and pensions involved.

Do you and ex communicate at all?

Thanks so much
Hope you slept well
I know you have lot of knowledge as you help other
Whoever May this forum is blessed
I don’t I would even get a reply as I accidentally saw this forum on google We don’t communicate at all
She used someone to asked me for a clean break order and want finance disclosure
No house
The only thing I could think about is pension may be

Ok if you haven’t started anything on the finance yet you have some time. A clean break is a good thing (it’s a capital clean break). It means she can’t come back to ask for more in the future - eg if you win the lottery or inherited money or something. But it needs to be worked out how and how much. Presumably there is a house and pensions involved.

Do you and ex communicate at all?
Yes we h

Yes have not started anything at all
She used a company to asked for clean break
Thanks so much
Hope you slept well
I know you have lot of knowledge as you help other
Whoever May this forum is blessed
I don’t I would even get a reply as I accidentally saw this forum on google We don’t communicate at all
She used someone to asked me for a clean break order and want finance disclosure
No house
The only thing I could think about is pension may be

Ok so there isn’t much for a clean break as that’s capital - so savings, pensions etc. It’s separate from income. Are you paying CMS at the moment and were you married?

Ok so there isn’t much for a clean break as that’s capital - so savings, pensions etc. It’s separate from income. Are you paying CMS at the moment and were you married?
No paying CMS she refused to collect it

Back