Guest viewing is limited

Disregarding PR

Although a parent with a lives with order can take the children out of the country for up to a month - that is only on her own time within the court order. It would still be a breach of its on your time and need your permission.

Did you contact the police? Yes I guess phone them and ask them to keep the info on file. Or you could go in and do it so you’re more likely to get to see something made a note of but these days there aren’t many police stations around.

I agree it sounds like you’re committed to keeping them but you need these measures in place.

I still think you need to email the ex and just say - please can you provide written proof of which school the children are moving to as the council says there is no school registration in the region.

Ie ask for that and don’t mention return time at all. That should help your case in court that you tried to get info and resolve the matter.

If solicitor submitted the PSO application Friday it could be a week or two before you get an urgent hearing. Hence I suggest you go into court Monday morning to put in application on and say you’d like to wait for a same day hearing as you have kept the children until there is a PSO in place.

Although a parent with a lives with order can take the children out of the country for up to a month - that is only on her own time within the court order. It would still be a breach of its on your time and need your permission.

Did you contact the police? Yes I guess phone them and ask them to keep the info on file. Or you could go in and do it so you’re more likely to get to see something made a note of but these days there aren’t many police stations around.

Yes they didn't get involved civil matter. I will call again
I agree it sounds like you’re committed to keeping them but you need these measures in place.

I still think you need to email the ex and just say - please can you provide written proof of which school the children are moving to as the council says there is no school registration in the region.

Ie ask for that and don’t mention return time at all. That should help your case in court that you tried to get info and resolve the matter.

I did emaild her today twice as reply tonhwr email as she was keep asking to return children and i asked about the school and I'm concerned etc and she replied only when ill bring kids that's all, nothing about school or area. And I mentioned please let's communicate for the children etc etc. At the end of the day why she's not saying about school ? Say the school and end of story
If solicitor submitted the PSO application Friday it could be a week or two before you get an urgent hearing. Hence I suggest you go into court Monday morning to put in application on and say you’d like to wait for a same day hearing as you have kept the children until there is a PSO in place.

Solicitor mentioned Middle of the week. But I can go to court Monday morning do I have to pay again I guess .

Let us know how you get on over the week-end. If the Police turn up, stay calm and say you can't return the children until the court has decided what's happening and your solicitor has submitted an urgent prohibited steps order on Friday to prevent your ex moving them to a different location or school or moving them abroad. Show them a copy of the application and a copy of the current order to prove you have PR. And say that you will take them to the Mother's when the court decides. I don't think they can just take them.

Hi,
Apologies for the delay, I had the children in my care for an extra day going against child arrangements order due to safeguarding concerns, until everything was confirmed, and court proceedings avoided by minutes, no police attended to my house During the time, despite my ex threatening with the police atteding my home. solicitor was surprised . EX confirmed everything that I requested in writing next day .
It was stressful time, thank you Ash and all members for the advice .
Ex in the same area I have access to school apps etc and ex asking now for better communication for children, lol considering she was refusing that.

My advice don't let yourself intimidate by threats and fight back 💪 and wait . I will consider PSO for peace of mind.

Last edited:
Great result. Whilst it is hard to stand up to these bullies due to fear of losing your kids, it was definitely the right thing to do and shows your ex you won't put up with unreasonable behaviour.

Maybe contacting the police in advance was the reason they didn't attend your home? Good luck for the future.

Back