Guest viewing is limited

court order not followed, and further dirty tricks from solicitor

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
HI all, my last hearing was 4 months ago and was that I was to see my child with support from ICFA and then a further report to the court , which is scheduled for next week.

So ex's solicitor served on me her statement, for which I then served mine, only for the solicitor to serve another one on me and omit the original from the bundle they are preparing. There are substantial differences.

The ex is now refusing to adhere to the court order for the ICFA referral and has given the case worker the run around (e.g. the child is mysteriously ill and off school for the days that the ICFA is supposed to see the child at school).

So, as she has written 2 statements and served them and then retracted the first, can I also retract and amend mine ?

meanwhile, there are reports that there is escalating violence in the household, for which a safeguarding referral has been made , add to statement or wait until court hearing ?

how can the court enforce ICFA referrals when the ex is now refusing the court order?

Ok so I assume you also sent your statement to the court? I would email the court and say - statements were exchanged, but after receiving your statement, Mrs Ex and her solicitor changed her statement and produced a second one and you request that the second statement be disregarded as it was done after exchange of statements. That you attach their original statement and request any further statement from her is dismissed. And please could they pass this email to the Judge.

Don't go amending yours as well. But you can do another position statement just before the hearing.

Best if it's sent to court at least 2 days before, but you can give the other side a copy on the morning of the hearing. Take 3 copies, one to give to the other side, one to keep and the third one to hand to the clerk to give to the Judge - just in case he didn't get the emailed copy.

I imagine the ICFA report won't be favourable towards your ex.
Fingers crossed this will be the case so it's a good outcome next week.

Back