Guest viewing is limited

Court delays and the maternal family's unsavoury business issues

PunchingBag

Hello Dads,

My story started after anonymous abusive emails I was receiving and lots of police complaints. After feeling and cross-questioning my ex - I understood it was her sending them but instead of getting angry I
filed for a divorce and C100.
After this, she started abuse stories without evidence and managed to get legal aid etc.

Social service delayed the S7 report in the 3rd hearing. The solicitor didn't forward disclosures from the police due to bereavement excuse in the 4th hearing.
Police said there is no evidence.

5th hearing was the addendum report ordered and the child’s wishes and feelings were considered.
S7 has no safeguarding issues and recommends co-parenting.
In addendum, the child doesn't want to see me.

The final hearing is scheduled for in Sept 2025. I don't have access to my child, not getting indirect letter responses.

After all the legal costs I couldn't afford to pay the child’s school fees so I asked ex via her solicitor if she could pay from the savings for this term.

One very stupidest thing I did was “accept” when she said to keep our savings in her bank account, now that money disappeared, she is saying there is no money.
Her solicitor wouldn't share the new school info. I didn't agree to change but they just went ahead and changed the school. There is also a court order that “school cannot be changed” but fee issue so I didn't consider it as a breach.

Another issue - A few months ago discovered that the maternal family is involved in unsavoury business activities. Got lots of evidence, witness, bank transactions etc.

Here I am thinking what a 1.5-year-long never-ending nightmare this is.

I am focusing first on safeguarding my child and a way to stop the maternal family from contacting my child.
What options do I have?
Can't tell the social worker - ex and SW are like soul sisters.

And how do get access to my child? Waiting until Sept 2025 without contact is driving me crazy.

Thank you for reading…

Hi. Sorry you haven't had any replies yet. Sept 2024 seems a ridiculously long wait for a final hearing. You could make a formal complaint to the court on form ex343a and quote the childrens act 1989 section 1(2) delay is harmful and quote family procedure rules "overriding object". However we might need to know more about what's happened before you do something like that. Listing it for a year away sounds like a big F off to me. Did you have a fact find? I don't think you'll get far with allegations about ex's family - that wouldn't go down well in a family court.

No fact findings were requested.
Also, there are no safeguarding concerns.
But from the addendum, according to the child's wishes and feelings, the child doesn't want to meet or respond to me.

A fake issue was created by ex that I thew her belongings in the bin, ex probably just picked up something from the bin while I was moving house and said it has sentimental value. Ex used this to influence the child negatively. This happened 5 months after she left with the child.
I had no idea about those 2 items she was talking about. I have an entire room full of her belongings, literally can't think of any reason why not to throw rubbish in the rubbish bin.
The social worker accepted that she shouldn't talked about this in front of our child but didn't write this in her addendum report.

I requested an adjournment for the last hearing but the c2 wasn't processed on time and the hearing went ahead, I wasn't present in the hearing.
Though the judge wasn't happy but accepted the adjournment request and still ordered the final hearing(Sept 2025) and also ordered me to make any application about ex family.

Yes, you are right @Ash ex family issue wasn't accepted but thinking of NMO against them now.

Back