Guest viewing is limited

Court Bundles

Also if we had to respond to court with say for instance medical notes , responses to statements etc would this be included in the applications and court orders section as it's stuff that's been sent to court as requested or is this sort of stuff better in another section .
Or would that go in with the position statements etc .

I have a situation of sorts maybe somebody could advise .
Compiling the bundle for both applicant and respondent there are a couple statements/responses filed to court during the various hearings that I do not have .
Respondent states I can ask the court to supply them as she doesn't have them now , I think they were handed in rather than sent electronically but there are no other copies available .
I can't add them to the bundle until I have copies so I'll email the court requesting them but is this something anyone else has done and do you actually get the requested documents plus am I supposed to give a reason to the court why I'm requesting the documents from them rather than the respondent .
I just want to make sure I'm following procedure.

I have a situation of sorts maybe somebody could advise .
Compiling the bundle for both applicant and respondent there are a couple statements/responses filed to court during the various hearings that I do not have .
Respondent states I can ask the court to supply them as she doesn't have them now , I think they were handed in rather than sent electronically but there are no other copies available .
I can't add them to the bundle until I have copies so I'll email the court requesting them but is this something anyone else has done and do you actually get the requested documents plus am I supposed to give a reason to the court why I'm requesting the documents from them rather than the respondent .
I just want to make sure I'm following procedure.
I've never heard of documents "being handed in" other than when they are formally presented in court and the judge accepts them, in which case they'll be scanned on the file, if the ex is suggesting she "handed" them in outside of court proceedings and they weren't formally sent for scanning (assuming she was LIP?) then they won't be on file at all.

Leave a place holder in the bundle and include the request for the document/s, you can also state in your section 25 that you've been unable to obtain certain information/documents from the other party.

@Merlin836 I recommend sticking to the index as described. Don't overcomplicate or overthink.

I would always reference the dates of documents, emails etc the time and day they were created.

Preliminary documents are Case Summaries and Chronolgies. Keep Statements in the statements section. Remember, you're giving this bundle to a very busy District Judge, potentially. Make navigating it simple.

It is acceptable to hand documents in to your local family court in person. In this instance, you're unlikely to have a copy if the respondent hasn't helped by sending you one. Are you really compiling the bundle on behalf of both applicant and respondent? I was ordered to produce the court bundle as the applicant but it was'nt on behalf of the respondent.

The procedure doesn't involve you chasing the other party.

I've never heard of documents "being handed in" other than when they are formally presented in court and the judge accepts them, in which case they'll be scanned on the file, if the ex is suggesting she "handed" them in outside of court proceedings and they weren't formally sent for scanning (assuming she was LIP?) then they won't be on file at all.

Leave a place holder in the bundle and include the request for the document/s, you can also state in your section 25 that you've been unable to obtain certain information/documents from the other party.

I did ask the court myself about handing in documents as I prefer having the info available in paper format in front of me but they did tell me before my very first hearing that I can do that but they'll have to scan it and it will take longer so I just sent it all electronically.
I think my ex handed in her documents to be scanned by the court so it was then available to the judges , legal teams etc electronically even though it does take longer .
It seems the copies are now not available apart from what the court has , I'll ask and then if I have to ill have to just put something in the file section as to why they could not be included .
Cheers .

@Merlin836 I recommend sticking to the index as described. Don't overcomplicate or overthink.

I would always reference the dates of documents, emails etc the time and day they were created.

Preliminary documents are Case Summaries and Chronolgies. Keep Statements in the statements section. Remember, you're giving this bundle to a very busy District Judge, potentially. Make navigating it simple.

It is acceptable to hand documents in to your local family court in person. In this instance, you're unlikely to have a copy if the respondent hasn't helped by sending you one. Are you really compiling the bundle on behalf of both applicant and respondent? I was ordered to produce the court bundle as the applicant but it was'nt on behalf of the respondent.

The procedure doesn't involve you chasing the other party.
I've been ordered to produce it for both applicant and respondent

I've been ordered to produce it for both applicant and respondent
If you're both LIP's, it's the applicants responsibility to put the bundle together. You can only ask for the documents from the respondent, if they don't give you the documents in the appropriate timescales, exclude them from the pack.

Back