Guest viewing is limited

Could mediation help?

Nenodad82

Hi all and thank you for reading,

This morning my ex messaged me to say that I can only spend time with my boy every Friday from 9am-5pm.

Previously we had an agreement that we could spend two days together, though i would like more time with him.
She then decided that its best for her that i have my boy every friday and saturday. My boss unfortunately cant agree on every saturday as we are all contracted to work every other weekend.
So i asked her if we could rotate every other week e.g. fri/sat one week. thurs/fri the next. She refused this and then said ONLY fridays from 9-5.

I explained that we have 50/50 shared and once a week seems unfair for both my son and me. I asked her to consider my proposal, but she just again offered fri and sat.

Im not really sure what to do or if i can do anything.

Does my boss have to accept these demands?
Do i have to accept just 1 day?
And could paying for mediation actually help?

I understand that mediation is the best first option as it shows im trying to be reasonable etc, but i really dont know anything about these processes.
I also want to consider when hes older and has school holidays, maybe i could have a bit more time with him then. Can mediators help with this kind of thing?

Any advice is much appreciated, and thanks again for reading.

Seb

Yes mediation is a good starting point as you can aim to come up with something that works for all. It seems like your ex is trying to dictate based on what suits her?

It's not binding and is entirely voluntary. Try contacting a couple locally.

The only issue may be your ex seeing it as a first step for you going to court but it's perfectly reasonable to suggest mediation

Hi and thank you Roblox!

Yes she does think of herself as the boss so to speak.

Id prefer not going to court, but i can see further down the line she will be difficult again at some point. So mediation is what id like to try first, hopefully she would sign a reasonable agreement with me. If not then i need to be sure that an agreement is set in stone.

Thanks Roblox
Seb

Back