Guest viewing is limited

Contact question

rugbycourt

So I don't want to sound like I am being a div here .. Mums got supervised contact this weekend for the first time since Jan.

I've had a message from the centre asking if maternal grandparents can send a gift.
I am thinking its emotional manipulation at it finest and how cant anyone with a brain see that.
They have said the reasons I give will be noted on the report.
Issue I have is Mum and grandparents send presents to the house at least once a month and child shows these on video calls so I want to say to continue with that route rather than the contact so child doesn't think she will always get a gift .. Will saying that go against me?
I just think its really underhanded as I am sure it will be seen as me further falsly alienating.

You could say:

I do not think it will be nice for present to be given in a setting where other children may not be receiving presents. People in your support network have advised that gifts are not appropriate in a contact centre. Maternal grandparents are welcome to send gift to the house as per usual. Let them know you can keep it wrapped until video call if they would like to see it being opened.

Back