Guest viewing is limited

Contact Centres

Kyle

Experienced member
So, I'm navigating yet another uncharted route now that I have been given permission by the family court magistrate following my FHDRA to arrange to see my boy in a local contact centre.

I emailed them today and they sent me the application form which asks for a copy of the court order before a date can be arranged. I take it the direction from the magistrate during the FHDRA that I can see my son in a contact centre constitutes as a court order and they're not asking for the COA? It's all somewhat ambiguous.

Last edited:
You should have received court papers after the hearing - stating when the next hearing is and stating you're to have interim time in a contact centre. Those court papers are usually an order of the court. I'd just send them whatever you have that says you should have interim contact.

I am yet to receive said court papers! He (magistrate) did say that it could take up to two weeks to receive. Which is frustrating. That's potentially two of the possible weekends that I could be spending time with him.

Sorry to hear that. You could try phoning the court and explaining to one of the clerks that you can't see your child until you have the court papers and is there any chance they could be sent out quickly? They might say - it depends blah blah and won't commit - but then they do take notice and things happen quicker, I have found.

Back