Guest viewing is limited

Contact Centre Reports

BilalDad

Hey everyone,

Sorry - another question.

I’ve been reduced to having supervised contact centre visits at the moment, however the centre have said they will only ever review things after 6 sessions. My ex, knowing this, has ensured that there will only be 5 sessions that would happen before the next hearing.

Just wondering how useful / impactful have your contact centre reports been on your case? Mine are glowing but obviously not sure if they’ll even be read/taken into account?

The caffcass officer read my supervised contact notes to prep her report.

You could ask the contact centre if it is possible to pay for an upgrade and have the report as part of the price for the day.

If they refuse, what about asking them for records of the sessions you have attended as a Subject Access Request? They hold data on you that you are entitled to see. Google "'Subject Access Request' template" and you'll find a letter you just have to put details into. Do this sensitively, it can get people's backs up once SAR's come into the equation.

If you have parental responsibility, you could ask them to tell you if there are any safeguarding concerns arising from the sessions they have supervised. They should tell a parent if there are concerns.

You could ask the contact centre if it is possible to pay for an upgrade and have the report as part of the price for the day.

If they refuse, what about asking them for records of the sessions you have attended as a Subject Access Request? They hold data on you that you are entitled to see. Google "'Subject Access Request' template" and you'll find a letter you just have to put details into. Do this sensitively, it can get people's backs up once SAR's come into the equation.

If you have parental responsibility, you could ask them to tell you if there are any safeguarding concerns arising from the sessions they have supervised. They should tell a parent if there are concerns.
Hey,

So I’m already getting reports - the issue is that it’s only after the 6th visit that they’ll make recommendations to the court but my ex has ensured that the 6th visit is the day after the hearing …

I get that, all the same, they will have records on individual sessions. I am suggesting you find another means of getting your hands on these before the 6th session. Hopefully this could give you something positive to take to hearing.

This seems bizarre and entirely inappropriate. The contact centre is not there to make recommendations to the court, but simply to record the interaction between you and your children. I believe it is normal practice to have one report per session.
You should contact them politely and request your per session reports, and they are absolutely gold for the court

Back