Guest viewing is limited

Contact center during court proceedings

ryan111

Hello

Ive sent my c100 off the ex has refused mediation, no phone calls with kids not even letting me wish them merry xmas. Im no danger to them if i offer to pay for it what are the chances of seeing them in a contact center. Even if its for a hour a month it would be amazing if i could get this.could i bring it up at first hearing
Thsnks

Hello,
Has your ex made any allegations against you such as domestic abuse, you use drugs, etc?

Sometimes after the first hearing they may suggest you being supported by a family member such as grandparents or aunty/uncle when you see the kids.
Or a contact centre may be ordered during the interim period.

It totally depends on allegations or if SS are involved.

Hope this helps.

Like peanut say, it all depends on the context.

There were piles of allegations against me in my ex's application. There was no police or SS involvement. My interim order gave three full days a week. No overnights were given until the final order.

I'm fairly certain my ex will want to angle to contact centre, simply so she can mess around, not turn up to the contact centre, cancel at last minute etc and my little boy will hate contact centre, he's an active outdoor child and will hate it. So I will ask for supervised time, with a friend to come along who is a senior police officer, at least my lad can get out and about and enjoy his time with me.

Typically, you have to pay to use a Contact Centre yourself, even if its ordered as interim contact during proceedings. Despite my interim order granting it, I had to pay £35 per 2 hour session, every other Saturday throughought most of 2022 while I was fighting alcoholism allegations. If she's making a welfare allegation to justify refusing contact, that may warrant further investigation by the court and determine if a Contact Centre is necessary and whether it should be in a supported or unsupported Contact Centre.

Back