Guest viewing is limited

CMS on the prowl

Peanut 21

Experienced member
It appears dads are suddenly receiving CMS letters after not receiving any for years.
Some threatening court action.

Would just be interesting to see who else gets this.

This is Interesting, has there been any noticeable changes in the CMS protocols recently alluding to this?

As predicted, my partner got his hounding cms letter.
They do not make sense whatsoever.
In one sentence they say you owe X amount, in another they give a completely different number and there's no breakdown of how they've worked out certain figures.
I do believe it's going to be another post office style scandal. The system they use makes absolutely no sense at all.

Reactions: Ash
With my possible entry into the world of CMS looming I'm astonished that even now it's still taken from the gross figure and not net, is there an explanation for this?

I'm heading the same way.

I was paying 450 a month to mine. A total insisted upon by her and above the CMS calculations.

With a CAO in place I attempted to discuss things with her.

I've also now got a new job with significantally leas income as I had to make adjustments for child care - essentially becoming part time.

I reduced payments to 250 as she wouldn't discuss it with me and for the CMS letter a few days later. All based on my previous job.

I understand it's a battle to get them to change their assessments but I'm battle hardened now.

They probably won't adjust yours until the next financial year in April Nothernsoul, but it's worth ringing them and trying to sort it out/explain.

Peanut, sorry to hear this. Of course by keeping both kids away his ex has maximised her CMS.

I understand the service is pretty much broke. Guessing that's why there's a current consultation to introduce fees for all using the service.

Some of the stories are absolutely startling.

With my possible entry into the world of CMS looming I'm astonished that even now it's still taken from the gross figure and not net, is there an explanation for this?

Presumably there's too many potential adjustments or ways to avoid cm if a net pay appraloach was take.

My case is new, so only had the one letter.
My payments don’t start till the 19th October but somehow I owe £69 in arrears from day 1 🤷

I've had an initial letter with my last year's tax return and a total of what I should be paying.

I've completed the online appeal but they've asked for no evidence in terms of my new, part time employment or the CAO.

Any advice for me anyone?

My case is new, so only had the one letter.
My payments don’t start till the 19th October but somehow I owe £69 in arrears from day 1 🤷
Ignore the arrears part. Just pay the amount due as stated.
I think it's just how they calculate we all have 'arrears' but not an issue provided you settle what is due when asked.

I've had an initial letter with my last year's tax return and a total of what I should be paying.

I've completed the online appeal but they've asked for no evidence in terms of my new, part time employment or the CAO.

Any advice for me anyone?

I'm not sure but it might be worth uploading the documents anyway in the portal.

I'm not sure but it might be worth uploading the documents anyway in the portal.
Amazing
Thank you

Absolutely disgusting that it only allows 200 characters to explain the importance of the documents but appreciate the heads up. I had no idea it was available.

My new job is almost 50% less than my previous so I can only hope.

Back