Guest viewing is limited

Child maintenance

Nd123a

I have been moved from direct pay to collect and pay . Would this because bail conditions say I can’t contact my wife

I think there has been talk of abuse cases being able to go straight to collect and pay but I don't think that has come in yet.

Have you tried speaking with cms.

Just to add (unless something has changed recently) all parents get the opportunity to use direct pay provided the full amount is paid on time.

Just to add (unless something has changed recently) all parents get the opportunity to use direct pay provided the full amount is paid on time.
I think its changed, if there are allegations of domestic abuse, the ex can choose collect and pay - they add 20% to the paying parent, so its just another revenge tool

I spoke to CMS a few months back and I mentioned I have an order and they told me it doesn't matter, they are aware of this situation between exe's and it's not classed as contact so can continue paying direct and not collect and pay

Did you manage to speak to them?

Unless the rules have changed the position is either party can ask for direct pay and as long as payments are made on the specified date for the right amount there's no way a resident parent can get it changed over.

But conscious of @NewcastleBrownAle comments

Back