Guest viewing is limited

Child arrangement advice

NJB88

Hi all,
I am after some advice for how best to proceed with a child arrangement order.
I'll try an keep things simple.
I am in the process of submitting a C100 form. My solicitor has sent me a C1A form to complete also.

Now, do I try and keep things simple or throw allegations back her way? (She applied for a non-molestation & occupation order and submitted all sorts of wild allegations)
To keep things simple, I agreed to an undertaking. (Not to speak to her or go to the house - which I haven't done since last year anyway)

My ex-partner is currently under investigation by the police for harassment, stalking & revenge p*rn. To which I have been told there is a high probability of conviction, given the evidence that I have supplied.

Am I best to keep things brief and child based with the C1A form or do I try and preempt her response and submit a barrage of information and evidence?

I don't want this to drag on for any longer than it needs to. I haven't seen my kids since Christmas and even that was brief.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Hi NJB,

This has come up a few times on the forum. If there is a consensus, it is to steer clear of the C1A unless there has been severe abuse of the child.

Here is an example:

Thread 'Making a Child arrangements order application if father is a victim of domestic abuse' https://dadswithkids.co.uk/threads/...if-father-is-a-victim-of-domestic-abuse.1579/

I cannot remember where other recent ones are.

A C1A is liable not to do any favours, may do harm, and will likely cause delay. The safeguarding letter will pick up police stuff. If there are convictions, these could be introduced into evidence.

Back