Guest viewing is limited

CAO and Financial Order - where to start?

Can you establish what your plan is? Will your financials will go to court?

If so, the steps are as follows and apologise if you already know this

1,have you applied for a divorce and going through that process
2.if so, apply for MIAM
3.if that fails,then the court route is required to resolve finances.
4.to apply for First hearing and form e completion,you will need to have the conditional order signed.
5. When you apply for the form e, you will also get the form c which lays out the timetable, now I'm not sure if it's a universal template but on mine it stated within form C,to obtain your borrowing capacity and to also get 3 examples of property that you could afford ,hence the AIP requirement.

I've just read ypur bit about your savings deposit and getting a property before divorce is concluded, unfortunately your ex can lay claim to the new property as it makes up part of the assets

There is a risk that, if you purchase a property before your divorce settlement is finalised, the equity in that property can be taken into account when calculating how the marital assets are divided.

Therefore, if it was me, and it will be, I have stressed I'm looking to rent and to push for a clean break order with the financial order, bear in mind, your ex cannot be forced to sign a clean break order which leaves ypu vulnerable for the future house purchase.

2.if so, apply for MIAM
4.to apply for First hearing and form e completion,you will need to have the conditional order signed.
5. When you apply for the form e, you will also get the form c which lays out the timetable, now I'm not sure if it's a universal template but on mine it stated within form C,to obtain your borrowing capacity and to also get 3 examples of property that you could afford ,hence the AIP requirement.

as per point 4, i can not apply to court before i get my conditional order?

I am so sorry but i am still not very clear on AIP requirment in your point 5, do i need AIP as a pre-requisite to apply to court for financial?

I've just read ypur bit about your savings deposit and getting a property before divorce is concluded, unfortunately your ex can lay claim to the new property as it makes up part of the assets

There is a risk that, if you purchase a property before your divorce settlement is finalised, the equity in that property can be taken into account when calculating how the marital assets are divided.

Therefore, if it was me, and it will be, I have stressed I'm looking to rent and to push for a clean break order with the financial order, bear in mind, your ex cannot be forced to sign a clean break order which leaves ypu vulnerable for the future house purchase.

"unfortunately your ex can lay claim to the new property as it makes up part of the assets " what kind of claim we are talking about here, if i manage to buy a property in like next 3-6 months, there will no equity straightaway, maybe not in 1-2 years.

if she doesnt agree for clean break, then eventually court will decide? right?

as per point 4, i can not apply to court before i get my conditional order
No,it does state you need conditional order signed off and a copy of it sent in when you send in the Form A which then activates the Form E process

Sorry that was my mistake I forgot to mention Form A in point 3

I am so sorry but i am still not very clear on AIP requirment in your point 5, do i need AIP as a pre-requisite to apply to court for financial?
You will need it for when you file your Form E with the court,so you have time to obtain it

2.if so, apply for MIAM

I've applied for divorce, she didnt attend miam, she applied for NMO instead, which i accepted on no admission basis., now i need to sort cao and finances

if she doesnt agree for clean break, then eventually court will decide? right?
No the court ,as far as I'm aware cannot order the clean break, that is decided during the agreeing of who gets what,and as said ex cannot be made to sign it, but bear in mind if she doesn't then that leaves her open for you to lay claim to her assets in the future, it's a two way street

I think ypu will have to go through it again, I would speak to the mediator, explain,ex never attended, there's the nmo and will sign off right away. Have Form A ready for that day, so as soon as MIAM certificate is sent, get that Form A off right away

I apologise, I've advised wrong Information having checked my records, to apply for the Form E ,you need the Form A and attached to that Form A you need the Miam certificate AND the conditional order. My mistake

Process to follow for financial order application.

1.Miam
2.Apply for Form A and attach Miam certificate and Condotional Order.
3.Familiarise yourself with Form E and start collecting all documents.
4.Familiarise yourself with the dates and contents of Form C and collect what documents are required.
5. Submit Form E by date stated, never delay, abide by the dates as setout in Form C, this shows your following the courts process.

Back