Guest viewing is limited

Caffcass interview

Altitude60

Hi everyone,

C100 just been sent so ive a few weeks till i hear back however I've been doing a lot of research lately on the CAFCASS call, and this forum has been incredibly helpful in answering many of my questions. However, I'm still feeling pretty nervous about my first CAFCASS call. I really don't want to say anything that might negatively impact my Child Arrangements Order , as spending time with my son is so important to me and I deeply believe to him aswell.

I understand that every case is different. In my situation, the focus will likely be on my previous absence from my son's life, something I deeply regret. I'm doing my best to make up for it now, but I anticipate some resistance from the mother and her partner, possibly with the typical text book allegations.

I'm wondering if there are any mock interviews available that I could use to practice for this call? I've read that some McKenzie friends offer mock interviews, but I've had trouble finding one. Any tips to help me prepare or calm my nerves for this upcoming call would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

C100 just been sent so ive a few weeks till i hear back however I've been doing a lot of research lately on the CAFCASS call, and this forum has been incredibly helpful in answering many of my questions. However, I'm still feeling pretty nervous about my first CAFCASS call. I really don't want to say anything that might negatively impact my Child Arrangements Order , as spending time with my son is so important to me and I deeply believe to him aswell.

I understand that every case is different. In my situation, the focus will likely be on my previous absence from my son's life, something I deeply regret. I'm doing my best to make up for it now, but I anticipate some resistance from the mother and her partner, possibly with the typical text book allegations.

I'm wondering if there are any mock interviews available that I could use to practice for this call? I've read that some McKenzie friends offer mock interviews, but I've had trouble finding one. Any tips to help me prepare or calm my nerves for this upcoming call would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Don't pay a McKenzie friend for a mock interview, waste of money.

Just write a few things down that you would like to discuss. The most important bit of advice is to remain child focused and do not bad mouth the mother.

They will have already carried out the standard police checks, child services checks and spoke to the mother before they speak to you.

Try to keep calm, ask questions if you want and try not to overthink it.

Have a search round on here. I wrote a few longer posts on preparing for a Cafcass interview and how to handle it, how to handle fast ball questions, and what to do and not do. I should put them all together in one resource really but if you search for Cafcass interview in the search box above right, some of those posts will come up.

Don't pay a McKenzie friend for a mock interview, waste of money.

Just write a few things down that you would like to discuss. The most important bit of advice is to remain child focused and do not bad mouth the mother.

They will have already carried out the standard police checks, child services checks and spoke to the mother before they speak to you.

Try to keep calm, ask questions if you want and try not to overthink it.
I personally don't have a reason to bad mouth the mother apart from her stopping the relationship me and my son started to build , I think she needs guidance more than anything on what's in our sons best interests I believe she's balancing multiple perspectives her partner being the main one and basing her decision on them rather than what might actually benefit our son

Take your time with answering their questions and ask them to repeat if it you don't know what they mean.
There's no point in a mock interview as you don't know how it'll pan out.

Back