Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS Section 7 Report

I've also shown and sent the FCA evidence to support my case.

The ex has moved the goalposts so many times, her reasons for opposing contact keeps on changing.

She does not support, promote or encourage a relationship between myself and the kids.

I really hope that Cafcass don't side with the ex and they can see the damaging effects of the alienating behaviour and abuse.

Almost 3 years and I feel like nothing has changed, I am going round in circles and the ex just won't give me anything.

Last edited:
**Update**

Possibly a Fathers worst S7 report.

I don't even know where to begin with this. Biased beyond belief is a start, paragraphs praising the mother's parenting and not a single word about my parenting.

The FCA has left out important and significant information, the FCA has misquoted numerous discussions. Luckily I recorded the home visit to reference from 😎

Cafcass does not support any contact in the absence of a factual matrix?

At the FHDRA the Judge dismissed the fact finding recommendation.

No evidence of any domestic abuse but has taken the mother's word for it and now there's sprinkles of new allegations in the S7 report.

I have to write a position statement in response to this but I don't want to put all my cards on the table. I don't want to give anything away to the ex's solicitor and I also want to grill the CFA at the next hearing. I want to flaw and undermine the report in front of the Judge on the day.

I need to digest it all, my head hurts with all this information. 🤯

The first read of anything in this process is gut-wrenching.

Now that you've read it & likely re-read it, give yourself a day or two if you can to absorb it & then look at it again from fresh eyes.
As you've said above, you are able to undermine on the day, so keep your focus on that and when you're ready start building that case.

Stay Strong!

I think you won't be the first one to get a Section 7 like this - it seems quite common. It's outrageous how biased they are.

Cafcass does not support any contact in the absence of a factual matrix?
What the xxxx does that mean? That they are telling the Judge to do a fact find when he decided it wasn't necessary? I hope it just moves to a final hearing after the directions hearing and you can submit evidence and have Cafcass cross examined.

I've hardly slept thinking about it. Over my journey through the court process I've learned to desensitise myself but this report is absolutely shocking how biased it is.

There are no observations about how child appropriate my house is and how child focused I was during the home visit, no mention about my parenting at all.

The FCA has misquoted discussions we had, I showed the FCA evidence in person and after the visit I even emailed the FCA the evidence which shuts down the allegations but she has totally disregarded this in the report and gone with the ex's word.

There has never been any police involvement during the relationship or post separation and allegations only started appearing when a child arrangement application was made.

I am really shocked how badly biased this report is, I've spoken with a friend who is a social worker who has said that the report is poorly written and bad practice how it has been conducted.

The author of the S7 has been ordered to attend the next hearing.

Now I need to digest it all and figure out the best way to build my case against the S7 report 🤔

Last edited:
I could do with some advice/ help with how to build a case to undermine the S7 report.

I have to submit a position statement in 2 weeks time. But I don't want to give away all of my ammunition.

Yes, insist on a home visit.
If they won't do it you can mention this when you go back to court.
My partner hadn't been seen with his children in over 4 years of court proceedings and the judge frowned upon cafcass for this.
I am yet to be assigned a CC officer for my section 7 in 5 months time. Is it typical for them to allocate the same officer who done the safeguarding letter? (I hope not)

Also, if I want to insist for a video call or face to face meeting, am I able to do this before being assigned an officer? If so, how? Contact CC directly? I have no contact with my child at the moment unfortunately, so a home visit would not be of any benefit I guess.

I am yet to be assigned a CC officer for my section 7 in 5 months time. Is it typical for them to allocate the same officer who done the safeguarding letter? (I hope not)

Also, if I want to insist for a video call or face to face meeting, am I able to do this before being assigned an officer? If so, how? Contact CC directly? I have no contact with my child at the moment unfortunately, so a home visit would not be of any benefit I guess.
I think sometimes it is the same officer for continuity but I guess it depends on who is available.
When you hear from cafcass for your appointment you can request a face to face.

I have no contact with my child at the moment unfortunately, so a home visit would not be of any benefit I guess.

Actually, a home visit under these circumstances can still be beneficial.

If they see that you have a bedroom ready for your child, there are age appropriate toys ready and photos of you and/or the child around the property, the property is safe for the child and in appropriate condition for them to be living with you.

All of these can help.

Actually, a home visit under these circumstances can still be beneficial.

If they see that you have a bedroom ready for your child, there are age appropriate toys ready and photos of you and/or the child around the property, the property is safe for the child and in appropriate condition for them to be living with you.

All of these can help.

This didn't make any difference towards my report and the FCA didn't even mention anything about it or my ability as a parent.

It is very much hit and miss with Cafcass, as you well know in your circumstances.

After what you've experienced would you still opt for the home visit or do you feel it wasnt worth the energy?

It is very much hit and miss with Cafcass, as you well know in your circumstances.

After what you've experienced would you still opt for the home visit or do you feel it wasnt worth the energy?

The FCA cancelled on me twice and came a week before the report was due. The home visit was absolutely pointless because the FCA hasn't mentioned anything about how child appropriate and safe my house is, the positive discussions we had regarding co-parenting strategies etc

The FCA has not mentioned anything positive about me or made any observations of me as a parent.

The FCA has gone with the mothers word.

They offered me a phone interview but I declined and insisted on a home visit which they agreed to.

Everyone's circumstances are different but my home visit didn't make any bit difference to my S7 report. The FCA completely disregarded it and didn't mention anything about it.

They offered me a phone interview but I declined and insisted on a home visit which they agreed to.

Everyone's circumstances are different but my home visit didn't make any bit difference to my S7 report. The FCA completely disregarded it and didn't mention anything about it.
Are cafcass supposed to inform the court of what was discussed?

But they are leaving out important facts?

They are renowned for writing biased reports and leaving out positive information about the father.

But in court you can undermine the flawed report and cross-examine the FCA. I also recorded the entire visit to reference from.

With Cafcass it's pot luck, don't base anyone else's circumstances the same as your own.

I think you did the right thing by insisting they come to you. They may have discounted some of what your ex said after meeting face to face and seeing your home. The step could have avoided some negatives.

Back