Guest viewing is limited

Cafcass s.7

Nanaforsonsjustice

Experienced member
Hi,

The court ordered Cafcass to complete a s.7 report in July which is due in 3 weeks time. My son hadn’t heard from Cafcass and when he called them they have advised it hasn’t even been allocated to a case worker yet. Has anyone else had this where there is little time to complete the report,

Hi,

The court ordered Cafcass to complete a s.7 report in July which is due in 3 weeks time. My son hadn’t heard from Cafcass and when he called them they have advised it hasn’t even been allocated to a case worker yet. Has anyone else had this where there is little time to complete the report,

Yes. What is supposed to happen is the case goes into a Cafcass allocation hub and an assigned FCA is appointed to carry out the S7 report.

The court set the deadline for this to be filed but with 3 weeks to go and no visits or calls with both parties etc there might be a possibility that they will ask for an extension.

I had cancellations of home visits with the report due 5 days before. They did stick to the date but one of the arguments I made was the reliability and the commitment of the author due to constant absences and the timescale of the report which was rushed, compromising the completeness and accuracy of the report.

When is your next court date?

Last edited:
Yes. What is supposed to happen is the case goes into a Cafcass allocation hub and an assigned FCA is appointed to carry out the S7 report.

The court set the deadline for this to be filed but with 3 weeks to go and no visits or calls with both parties etc there might be a possibility that they will ask for an extension.

I had cancellations of home visits with the report due 5 days before. They did stick to the date but one of the arguments I made was the reliability and the commitment of the author due to constant absences and the timescale of the report which was rushed, compromising the completeness and accuracy of the report.

When is your next court date?
There report will definitely be rushed even if they ask for an extension. Next hearing is 2 weeks after the report is due so 5 weeks time.

Back