Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS call

Oneofmany

Just had my CAFFCAS and am really deflated. Felt like I really messed it up, She had'nt spoken to my ex yet and only really asked about the NFA i had on my police check in the most part. She did ask about how I saw spending time with him going forward and I explained a gradual progression (he's 11 and not seen in person for 7 months). I did say that I thought this was best for him so he could re-adjust but forgot to say about benefiting from a supportive loving relationship with both parents, I sooo pissed of with my self. She asked about alcohol as the ex had reported to child services that I feel asleep once when he was with me and blamed booze. I said I only ever drink occasionally. I got pretty flustered and forgot to ask any questions...... There were some questions around how we had spent time together since the break up but before she stopped me seeing him which were ok but I feel like it only scratched the surface. Was only 15 mins long. I was upbeat and didnt say anything negative about the ex but just feel like I've missed an oppourtunity now...... I had notes and prompts etc but it all just feel to pieces. Was only 15mins long

15 mins is quite short, but unless you raised issues your part when you get the report will likely just say “ no concerns raised”

just feel like I missed saying the important stuff. Well pissed off with myself. I did use the term "mum" and talked about how we play all the time online etc and how great that is.

When I did mine, they called me first without speaking to ex.
They then called again to see what I thought of her allegations.
And even if they don't with you, it's just one part of the whole process. Of they do a s7 then chance to speak to them in person in more detail.

And even if they don't with you, it's just one part of the whole process. Of they do a s7 then chance to speak to them in person in more detail.

Mine was similar but the opposite.
They called her first, then called me to discuss.
Then called me again a day or two later to tell me they want to recommend unsupervised contact but needed details of my other children to check no concerns there.

did they email or txt to let you know they were going to ring you again on a certain date/time or was it just out of the blue so to speak? tia

Back