Guest viewing is limited

C2 Application Hearing - what is this application hearing?

pdw1975

Hello all, first nervous message to the forums.

Child Arrangements court proceedings were adjourned generally with liberty to restore. I have applied to have the proceedings restored to court with a C2 application.

I have received from the court a notice that 'The Application hearing for this matter will be heard by this court'. I am putting together a bundle for this; do I ONLY need to sort this for my application, or to include everything of the proceedings so far?

Anybody have experiences of an Application Hearing after submitting a C2?

I am not representing myself having run out of money for solicitors.

It sounds like a hearing to decide whether or not to accept your application, but I am honestly not sure.

There's something about it here, further down the page under the heading "Hearings of Applications". It sounds like it's to get the Judge up to speed on the history. Not sure if it applies to family court cases.

Presumably you have an order for this hearing - what does it say you need to do/what does it ask for?

Thank you Ash.

The Order is short and says:

Upon receipt of a C2 application from the Father
The Court Orders
1. List application on notice at {court location and date}

We have had 4 hearings now. The first 'regular' 3 took place but at the final hearing Children's Services turned up asking the judge that they do a CIN Plan. At the subsequent 4th hearing the judge ordered the CIN Plan to take place and adjourned the proceedings, with liberty to restore if we could not progress contact arrangements ourselves in collaboration with Children's Services.

I think I will play safe and just add to the bundle for the previous hearing.

Sounds like it's just listed the application for a hearing.

Back