Guest viewing is limited

C100

OliverR

Hi Guys just wondered what the proceedure is once you've submitted a C100 form , i posted mine over three weeks ago but have heard nothing yet or been contacted?

Also will they contact me for payment before my ex gets her letter ?

Hi Guys just wondered what the proceedure is once you've submitted a C100 form , i posted mine over three weeks ago but have heard nothing yet or been contacted?

Also will they contact me for payment before my ex gets her letter ?

The application process is all done on the Governments portal and should take the £232 payment from you right at the end.

Was it this process you followed 👇 or did you print the form and complete it manually?

https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-children-divorce/apply-for-court-order

Hi Kyle I did a paper form and sent 4 copies recorded delivery. They received it on the 2nd of December according to royal mail .

They don't have any bank details so I guess they will contact me

Hi Kyle I did a paper form and sent 4 copies recorded delivery. They received it on the 2nd of December according to royal mail .

They don't have any bank details so I guess they will contact me

I wouldn't bank on it mate. I would call the court tomorrow and offer to make the payment over the phone. A similar thing happened to me when applying to enforce my interim order.

OK I'll call them but there was no option or page for bank details on the forms

There won't be as you're at risk by writing your bank details on a form. I'm not an expert on the manual process but I would of thought they expect you to place a cheque or postal order for £232 with the C100 before posting.

The Government wants people to used the online portal. But I appreciate not everyone has access to the internet.

The court clerks will more than likely just sit on your forms as they are swamped. Phone your court and tell them you posted your C100 three weeks ago and have not received a letter with any hearing information. You have not paid your fee yet, and if that is the reason for the non comms, can I please pay over the phone now?

It's only just 2 weeks since they received it, if they received it on 2nd December. I think you can expect court papers very soon. Your ex will usually get them a couple of days before you do - so you might know when she gets them if there's a big explosion! Then you'll know yours will be arriving in a day or two.

If you haven't heard anything by Monday I would phone the court. Payment isn't an issue. you can either send a cheque or they can phone you for payment or you can phone them. If you have to chase it up on Monday then offer to pay over the phone at the same time - one less thing to get sorted.

I called today and paid the 230 . When I asked the woman on the phone how long before my ex hears she said 2 months! The only benefit to that is that she won't stop me seeing him over thwf Christmas break and also by then he will be over 2 years old

I called today and paid the 230 . When I asked the woman on the phone how long before my ex hears she said 2 months! The only benefit to that is that she won't stop me seeing him over thwf Christmas break and also by then he will be over 2 years old

So it's going to take two months to be notified of a first hearing date?

That is absolutely ridiculous. I would phone back on Monday (you'll probably get a different clerk) and be very nice and polite and say - you submitted an application for a child arrangements order over two weeks ago and have not heard anything , and could they possibly let you know if the application has been processed yet and when you are likely to receive court papers.

That's a bit more specific as they can look up and tell you a) if it's still sat on a pile waiting to be processed b) if it's been through gatekeeping yet (if it has then it's just waiting for admin to send out the papers) or c) if it's on its way in the next few days.

I find some court clerks can be very helpful (some not so) and they can even stick yours through a bit quicker when you've queried it - if it's sat on a pile. If the answer is still - it's likely to be 2 months - then at least you know.

Can you just remind me though - did she put in an application first or not? If she did that might be what the delay is.

I'm not suggesting you weren't nice and polite this time - just saying that winning over a clerk by being very nice and concerned can get good results sometimes. Unless it's one of the snappy ones. Saying things like - I submitted a C100 application "regarding seeing my baby son" just over two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet - could you let me know if it's been processed yet please".

Sounds naff I know but they can either warm to you or not.

To my knowledge she didn't put an application in . When I asked she said she will send the papers for processing they will then be sent for the judge to look over to decide what is the best way forward

It means you'll both get an appointment for a telephone interview with Cafcass before any first hearing. Cafcass do standard safeguarding checks over the phone - the Cafcass call is important so if you get an appointment, come on here for tips first.

Are you sure the clerk at the court didn't mean 2 months for a first hearing rather than 2 months for court papers to be sent out? That might be the time they are allowing because these days, some cases have a gatekeeping hearing before a first hearing (that is a hearing without parents between Cafcass and a Judge - but usually only in cases where there are allegations of abuse). It could still be two months before a first hearing but you should get court papers before a cafcass interview.

Back