Guest viewing is limited

April 2023 - Cafcass retires SPIP replaces with Planning together for Children

MagicJ

Experienced member
In April this year Cafcass stop directing parents in private court cases to their Separated Parenting Information Plan course.
Existing referrals will remain in place and all new recommendations will now be for the replacement - Planning together for Children.

You can find more details on the new course, delivered by Action for Children, on the Cafcass website:

Thanks for posting that Magic J, I'll sticky it. But I'll move it to Child Arrangements as well as it's relevant to that.

I've looked at the info, and can't help thinking they could have put more effort into reducing court waiting times. And it's more about compulsory parenting plans and doing things online. This may be helpful for some cases, but if an ex has an agenda .............

I've updated the home page article with this information as well. It very much assumes that all parents will have their own computer. Which is a big assumption considering the poverty levels these days, and the financial strains on separated Dads who may be struggling financially and paying rent. I'm aware of at least one Dad on here who doesn't have a computer. And would library computers be secure for such matters? Not really. It's possible it could all be done on a smartphone maybe - if they've thought to make their online modules mobile friendly.

Back