Guest viewing is limited

Any thoughts on my position

Oneofmany

Ex left late last year. 2 awesome children that I now am not seeing due to her use of the playbook (Have got undertakings after the obligatory non mol attempt but thats another story). C100 about to be submitted. I play online with my boy (with voice chat) at least 4 times a week and speak to my daughter at least once...... but not being allowed to see them in person (my ex's position) even though she was advised its better to sort the access to them outside of court at the non mol hearing. Its just beyond comprehension.

The way i've been treated even makes me nervous of doing this post and it being used against me somehow, its horrid feeling this way...... every day is another anxious wait for the next crap thing to happen as you all now. I've even altered the detail slighty (but still a accurate picture) for fear of it being found.

With regard to the finances, we were together 16 years and married for less that 1 year (go figure huh!). I'm the sole name of the mortgage but shes slapped a thing on the deeds so I cant sell or remortgage right now). I always paid the mortgage, all bills and also gave her money to bolster her earnings every month after she was made redundant. I paid for all family outings, extra expenses....... I could go on. I brought 50K into the relationship when we purchased the family home and then remortgaged several times to spend around 70K on holidays and home improvements (renovated throughout and an extension). My solicitor is not convinced I can may not be able to ring fence the 50K and label the 70K as matrimonial debt. I'm also in financial sh*** due to solicitors and other debts accurced during the relationship and after we split.

I'm so glad I found this forum and find it horrific that many get treated so badly after doing everything to build a family life and ensure its security. it deffo helps to write it down and try and get some more experienced perspective.

Any thoughts on any of it are very welcome, the finances are key at the moment as this outcome will be life changing whatever happens?????

Thanks and good luck to everyone on here........ we've got this

I'm the sole name of the mortgage but shes slapped a thing on the deeds so I cant sell or remortgage right now). I always paid the mortgage, all bills and
Welcome, to the forum, I feel for you, I am in the same position, sole name,paying mortgage and bills. Regards to the matrimonial home rights this becomes void once the divorce final order is done. Whay advice has ypur solocitor given you regarding g the bills?

Welcome, to the forum, I feel for you, I am in the same position, sole name,paying mortgage and bills. Regards to the matrimonial home rights this becomes void once the divorce final order is done. Whay advice has ypur solocitor given you regarding g the bills?
None as yet, just waiting to exchange Form E's (shes happy to do that herself....) Nothing said about the bills. I'm totally commited to making sure my Children are well catered for but it sucks to be likely in for financial kicking. At present she's living her best life and me my worst. I dont think the bill paying comes into play in financial settlement. As I said my CMS payment is over £700 pcm, she works 15 hrs and is now getting universal credit while I'm drowning in debt. Only just cleared my overdraft and now gotta chip away at the £30k debt I've built up, let alone mortgage now being more than it was 17 years ago.

If you are drowning in debt, would bankruptcy or an IVA be an option for you? Both would likely result in the trustees forcibly severing ties between you and your ex by forcing a sale of the family home to clear your debts.

Sorry to hear your situation!!

From my understanding, once married and children involved, I think regardless of house just being in your name it’s classed as a joint asset and will highly likely be divided equally.

I know it’s so rubbish and it feels like your life is falling apart while she gets to live comfortably. Try and focus on the kids being comfortable which hopefully gives you some peace of mind.

Don’t want to sound flippant but focus on the kids and get that child arrangement order sorted. They are priority and money means nothing in comparison. I’m on the verge of bankruptcy due to the court proceedings and I woundnt change a thing!

It’s rubbish how these people kick us out and then thrown allegations around which means we can’t even submit an occupation order! It’s tactical and extremely frustrating.

Keep fighting 💪💪

Thanks buddy,

Think that's how i'm coping tbh mate. Just trying to be the best I can be (so hard sometimes) and getting the CAO in place so I can see my babies, i guess im better off than a lot as am at least in some kind of contact , but...... the financial settlement just also sits there always nagging like the other crap

I know the children are fine, happy as they can be and healthy which is great, but not being able to see it first hand is a killer and almost finished me. Sorry to hear about your situation too mate and I totally get the doing as much as it takes to be properly on their lives and I have every intention to do so. I was speaking to my parents the other day and now I wonder if I was led into conflict over seeing the children to provoke a reaction so she could do what shes done. The more I read on here the it makes sense, but again......... I think most of us overthink everything

Good luck brother (y) I repeat this to myself over and over aaaaaaaalot to try and stay positive, a from quote Dana White "F***ing bet against me, tell me it’s not going to happen, tell me it’s going to fail. I love it, I love every minute of it"

That’s it mate! You sounds positive which is vital. Don’t let them grind you down. There is lots of overthinking with such things but there is never smoke without fire. My ex put lots of things in place before throwing the allegations at me out of the blue. It was 9 months after us splitting as well! She even went to the extreme of installing new CCTV and also getting a panic alarm from elm tree. All along still coming into my house for cups of tea during pick up and dropoff. I didn’t have a clue what was going to hit me!
So yes overthinking is part of the trauma not trust your gut, keep one step ahead at all times, don’t retaliate or get sucked in. Refusing to hit the ball back is what these people hate most of all. Keeping a calm, keeping your head down and focusing on the kids is the very rope they end up hanging them selves with. Keep strong brother 💪💪💪

Back