Guest viewing is limited

After child arrangement order

kuljinder_jhitta

Hi. I’m new here and I need an advice. my ex put in allegations and got me arrested for stalking and harassment. I’m on bail now with condition to not to contact her directly and indirectly with exception to child contact. She already moved on and living with her new partner. Recently we got a court order for child arrangements in palace. Now she is keep sending me emails regarding my address. Which I don’t want to share because of an incident happened in November when she start knocking my door during my weekend with kids while I was doing school run.
So my question is do I have to give her my current address by law or I don’t. She said she need to know the address coz kids are staying with me on every other weekend. According to court order there is nothing mention about this that I have to provide my address to mother. I phone social services they said why she need to know your address so I’m bit confuse do I have to provide my address? I think by law I don’t have to provide my address coz she don’t involve in pick up or drop off children. It’s all done by me according to court order.
Please guide me if you know any league side of it.

This is a tricky one as nobody has to give anyone their address in any circumstances. Even as part of a Child Arrangements Order I would of thought it was only required if ordered by the court. And in many cases, the option to share or withhold your personal/contact details is included in the documentation.

Its understandable though, that a mother would want to know where her children are. As you would if the situation was reversed. But I also understand that trust has been lost due to her allegations of stalking and harrassment against you.

You have to make a balanced, logical, decision here. Can you live with her knowing your address for her peace of mind, but make it clear that if there's a repeat of the previous incident, you will be calling the police, and possibly taking out an order against her?

The flip side of that is, you have a Child Arrangements Order, its your time, and its not her business where you live or what you do (unless ordered by the court). Its your time. So mind your own business.

You have to balance the Pros and the Cons.

Hi @kuljinder_jhitta, welcome to the forum. Just a thought, are you making any payments to mother for children through the CMS? If not, and mother is going to apply to CMS, I think they will require an address to serve the documents on you. They may request your address, via email/phone, but not pass it on to mother. Not sure if you withhold address this may open you up to accusations of avoiding CMS payments, or whether CMS could communicate solely via email/phone. They certainly expected a postal address from me.

Back