Guest viewing is limited

Advice?

DadsUnited

So I was with my partner for a long time and we had a child. The relationship ended up falling apart and we decided to both move out the home and into our families while we sell as it helped our child deal with it.
We have 50/50 custody and while in the process of selling and gone through half way with it (offered accepted and waiting on solicitors to do their thing), she has told me she no longer wants to live with her family or sell the house and she’s gonna move back in and have me pay half.

My head is now spinning as I was looking at a new home for me and my child and if this is the new situation I won’t be able to anfford anywhere and move on with my life.
Hope this makes sense and any help or advice would be great.
Thanks

Hi. When you say you have 50/50 - is that legalised in a court order or just an informal agreement? If she wants to move back in, has she offered to buy out your share of the house? If she moves back in she will become "the resident Mother" unless your child arrangements are legalised and she could change things. I take it you're not married? So no divorce to go through?

Hi,
50/50 has been an agreement between us, no courts involved at this point.
We have never been married but was in a relationship for around 13-14 years.
I asked if she wants to buy me out and told me she won’t be doing that and she’s just going to move back in and that’s that.
What would being ‘the resident mother’ mean for me an legally what would that do?
Thanks

Back