Guest viewing is limited

A friend's troubles

On behalf of a dad

Hi everyone, in need of urgent advice. I'm new to this platform so not sure how to start a new thread, since John's query (linked below) is similar to mine I will write it here.

I totally understand what you've said, John. It is a total shambles how they treat dads in this country. Extreme feministm has taken over people's conscience. Take a look at families who alienate the fathers (at least half-decent fathers) and see how emotionally distressed those kids are in their later years. I have heard of female judges who shout at the dad and give advice to the mother. There are truly abusive people out there, but cases of rationale, loving fathers (or mothers) get mixed into that.

With a heart full of pain, I am writing for a father who is being unfairly broken down by his ex-family. This man supported her ex's family since over 20 years ago since they lost their father. After so many years his ex-wife is saying the most bizzare things about him, from alleging he hits kids, animals, verbal and emotional abuse of the disabled family members etc. etc. I've been a friend of the family for almost 20 years, none of these allegations are true, in my opinion. Around a year ago, the ex made allegations of threats when in his house that lead with some involvement from the services, fled the house with their kids and prevents him access. The dad tried going throuh mediation but they said they cannot help at this point beucase the ex made allegation of abuse. So he went through with child arrangement and court.
Long story short, the mother said he has to go through the legal routes to see his child, but now is denying him any progress by making so many allegations. She filled in a Scott's Schedule by the help of a solicitor and he has a few days left to respond. Some of her paragraphs are awefully long and she disgresses an awful lot. She mentions her family memers as witnesses (for events she alleges from years ago) and a family friend who has had a crush on her (idk). It is clear she has used emotional and psychological tricks (her and her family are full of them) to manipulate the kid's minds towards their dad, they may even provide false accounts to support their mother. The father strongly believes that she is making the kids fear that they will be taken away by social services if they find out the mother is lying, so the kids may see themselves in an unfortunate position to turn against their father. I cannot say enough how much the kids love their father.

Cafcass also seem one-sided. They talked to the mother just before the court but not to the father, stating because he had special communication needs that wasn't there before the court.

How can he reply to the allegations? Some are from around 20 years ago and they are mere allegations with zero proof, other than bringing her family to false-witness. She also uses some real events (not abuse-related) but then saying such thing happened, beucase of the father's abuse. Bascically awefully twisting everything. Is a simple "allegation denied" enough for a 20 line-long paragraph that she's written? The mother has been using emotional stuff during hearings and is trying 100% to scare the kids away from their father, but also seriously taining his picture.

I've been seriously thinking of starting a charity for loving dads who've been treated unfairly and help them raise their voices. I'm glad dadswithkids exists!

Any response is highly appreciated, thanks a world for reading the lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I've moved your post to a new thread but linked John's that you related to about the Scott schedule.

You mentioned your friend having special communication needs - is that correct? Would it be ok to ask what those are? I am happy to help with the responses to the Scott schedule if your friend doesn't have a lawyer. Have you looked into whether he'd be eligible for legal aid?

Usual advice is you respond formally and briefly - however long and rambling the allegations are. Eg

Number the responses to match the numbers of the allegations. So if the first numbered allegation is a rambling thing about kicking the dog, getting drunk and hitting her with a frying pan (for example). The response would be something like.

1. These allegations are entirely untrue and we do not have a dog.

I used the dog example as, Vincent McGovern's book details exactly that - he was accused of killing the family dog when they didn't have a dog.

As part of the responses you can submit evidence as well. So things like receipts or other documents can be helpful. Eg if an allegation is that on 23rd September he set fire to the kitchen. And you have a petrol receipt from that date at the other end of the country. The response would be something like.

2. This is entirely untrue. I was away with work on that date - please see attached petrol receipt.

Back