Guest viewing is limited

A few questions about final hearing bundle that concern me

Merlin836

Experienced member
I'm not best with the legal presentation side of thing but I have coped much better with knowledge in this group .
There's just a couple of things I'm wondering if anybody can clarify for me , I may just be overthinking things as I'm worried even the slightest mistake will go against me .
I'm preparing the final bundies as asked for my hearing in October but theres something I don't quite understand.
Ive been preparing mine & my ex by putting files on my PC in separate folders i.e statements , experts etc but I've been doing it as two separate bundies , one for me , one for my ex and I know some of the documents will be the same such as court orders , Cafcass reports etc but I saw an article today (it was a site to do with women's rights and how to prepare a bundle )
This site states add all the documents together in one single bundle so my ex position statements etc will be in the same bundle as mine .
Is that how is done and not two separate bundies as I thought )

Also if I can't get hold of some of my ex's documents that only she could have as she's not giving them out , what do I do there ?

And in the summary section mine was very brief , pretty much we split up , have a child together and I'm after a COA
Do I also put more details in such as if there were any allegations , social services or just keep that part brief and put those details in the chronology section i.e like this maybe
Father born many moons ago
Mother born many moons ago
Had kid (with dates )
Split up
Social got involved
Applied for court
And so on ....

In regards to addressing allegations which have briefly been addressed previously is it wise to address these in the bundle even if things are going ok with EX or just let it be , outside influences are interfering with my childs parenting so it's not a wild attack but I'm wondering would it be like prodding a hornets nest .

I feel a bit thick as there's so much advice and people are cracking on with it but I feel a bit of guidance may help

Is this a first hearing or have there been a few?

To be honest I think it can be made to sound more complicated than it is.

Mine was probably more straight forward as I had no fact find and just one hearing.

But with the help of a barrister it was just a few paragraphs of the pertinent things. What was asked for and the main points to be flagged for the position statement.

Then attaching all the relevant documents and itemising so it's clear for the judge etc.

I don't think it's your responsibility to share all of your exs stuff.

On the allegations has there been a s7 section report and if so have cafcass made comments about you which are significant.

Are you and your ex far apart in terms of what is being proposed?

If there has been a s7 what were cafcass recommendations

Last edited:
Is this a first hearing or have there been a few?

To be honest I think it can be made to sound more complicated than it is.

Mine was probably more straight forward as I had no fact find and just one hearing.

But with the help of a barrister it was just a few paragraphs of the pertinent things. What was asked for and the main points to be flagged for the position statement.

Then attaching all the relevant documents and itemising so it's clear for the judge etc.

I don't think it's your responsibility to share all of your exs stuff.

On the allegations has there been a s7 section report and if so have cafcass made comments about you which are significant.

Cheers Roblox

Back