Guest viewing is limited

3 day fact find next week

my fact find continiues this week and i remember in the last hearing 4 weeks ago the judge instructed us to submit 'submissions'. I took this as 'orders sought' and had already prepared a list of requests i.e. supervised contact in a cafcass centre, Child Contact Intervention etc. detailed holiday awareness and my 'orders sought' was 1 page long.

however today i have received an email from the ex's sol with their submissions which is 8 pages long, cites case law etc and details analysis and their own submissions for each of the 9 (3 are brief where they say they withdrew those) allegations and a final submissions paragraph stating what orders they are seeking.

should i be doing the same?

Last edited:
Submissions can be oral or written. You're up against a solicitor who sounds like they want to dominate the proceedings. It does sound like you need a bit more than a request for ordered times. Can't remember how it was left after the most recent hearing? You could quote some caselaw yourself

Submissions can be oral or written. You're up against a solicitor who sounds like they want to dominate the proceedings. It does sound like you need a bit more than a request for ordered times. Can't remember how it was left after the most recent hearing? You could quote some caselaw yourself
at the moment im quoting the same one s they are
i.e.
- the law and the child's best interests
- lying, why a witness might lie.
- burden of proof

anyone know of any other ones i can use, false allegations, misdirection, purjury, alienation, prolonging proceedings (remember mine was prolonged since 2020)

two days before the hearing (the hearing to finish the ff and submissions according to the judge) i received a submissions doc from mothers side, which you already knew (see previous posts oin this thread) about I wrote one up and handed it to judge on the day.

guess what... the judge gives opportunities to read eachothers submissions and decide if you need to update them. no ones mentioned that to me...

the mothers barrister saw my submissions and judge then asked do you need time to update submissions, the barrister said yes (off course), i didnt want to delay any longer so i said no i dont need to update my submissions.

the judge then said to the mothers barrister you can have another 7 days to update to your submissions, what a load of BS...

still waiting on a court date, it wont be 7 days... it will be the next available date.

talk about delays, i have never known the FC to take the mick like this, its like, do they want to finish this or not... extending times to update documents.....

That seems unfair. But if the Judge said 7 days then they should give you an early hearing.

Got my judgement tomorrow...
Am I supposed to prepare a statement for tomorrow even though I have submitted a submissions document?

What will this 90 minute hearing consist of? Will I be expected to talk in this or do I just re iterate what I said I my submissions?

Got my judgement tomorrow...
Am I supposed to prepare a statement for tomorrow even though I have submitted a submissions document?

What will this 90 minute hearing consist of? Will I be expected to talk in this or do I just re iterate what I said I my submissions?

I submitted a position statement on the morning before the judgement.

We was told to just listen while the judge read the judgement. The judge gave a speech and went through each allegation - no findings made.

No bar to contact, contact can begin.

We had Cafcass present and we were told to take half an hour to delegate between parties.

We then returned and agreed an ICFA was the best option.

Your hearing might be slightly different with it being a separate FF

Last edited:
@BirminghamUK I hope today went in your favour 🙏
Judge = Sick
Clerk = Sick

written judgement to be issued to all parties within the next seven days, no need to attend.....so they say

was on the phone to court admin for most of an hour trying to figure out why no ones contacted me about remote link...... they had no idea about the sickies... the other party did email me after more than an hour letting me know that there is no hearing today....

the court i am at is a joke...

Judge = Sick
Clerk = Sick

written judgement to be issued to all parties within the next seven days, no need to attend.....so they say

was on the phone to court admin for most of an hour trying to figure out why no ones contacted me about remote link...... they had no idea about the sickies... the other party did email me after more than an hour letting me know that there is no hearing today....

the court i am at is a joke...
Ahh no way. That is extremely frustrating and quite unfortunate.

Things will work out, at the time we can't see it but looking back it all makes sense afterwards.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the 90 minute hearing was unnecessary if they can send you a written Judgement. Hope you get that soon.

Back